Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #11
nycmamaT
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I too uptight? Pushy relatives...

Not uptight at all! I wouldn't give it to my child at that age. It is your child and you have control over what they eat.

Advertisement

nycmamaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Stay firm. No caramel at that age! I don't blame you stick you what you believe is right for your child.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:35 AM   #13
lisslucier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh! My family does the same thing. What are people's obsessions with feeding babies things they aren't ready for anyway!? Just blame the Dr. and tell them he/she gave a list of foods baby can handle safely and caramel is not one of them haha
lisslucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:02 PM   #14
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

No. Lol but in my experience this gets even harder as they get older. DS is 4 now. I get so tired of explaining why I don't want him to have saltine crackers or candy or whatever. Honestly I'd be less strict if he would eat more than 1 bite of healthier food!

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:58 PM   #15
rachachara
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with what a lot of the other mamas are saying. I use the 'doctor said' line and say that we're doing no refined sugar until 2 yrs old at least.

I have also asked those who kept on being pushy, "What is the nutritional benefit of this?" and that usually stops people and gets them thinking. I then say, "I won't always have control over what my child eats, but I want to give him/her the best start in life and a good nutritional foundation for lifelong health. Unless this food item has good health/nutrition benefits, it is not on the menu for my child." That message seems to be firm, but clear and so far has headed off future concerns.

Good luck!
rachachara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #16
Christeng
Registered Users

Definitely don't think you are being uptight! My husband thinks I'm a little nuts because he has tried defining our baby things I'm not ok with (frosting at 4 months, ice cream, sno cone, etc) and I always say no. I'm a little worried about what he might try to feed him when I'm not home!
Christeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #17
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me it's just a simple "That's not the right choice for our family, please respect that." and that's that.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #18
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i feel your pain, girl. It is REALLY hard, but just stand your ground. Caramel is a huge choking hazard....I can't believe they wanted to give it to a 9 month old!!!! There were many, many, many times I had to say harsh no's about what they wanted to feed my kids.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #19
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
You are not too uptight. Some people are just crazy.

My last baby didn't even have a bit of solids of any kind till 9 months.
same here. my last 2 were 9 and 10 months before they had any solids and we went straight to table food. No purees.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #20
beanieingle
Registered Users
seller

I simply tell them not to give it to my lo. Plain & simple!
beanieingle is offline   Reply With Quote