Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
keribaar
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 21
My Mood:
What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

Loving letting my little guy feed himself!
He really gets absorbed in his task. We have done Mostly frozen fruit so far, some sweet potato, broccoli, and a bit of really tender meat. Oh and some avocado and banana. What have your babes enjoyed most so far? My little man especially loves the pitted frozen cherries and frozen mango in a mesh feeder. (By the way if its in a mesh feeder does it technically count as baby led weaning? Not that it really matters.) We are 7 1/2 months over here and just have our first tooth poking through!

Cheers and Bon Apetite!

Advertisement

keribaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
jessikate's Avatar
jessikate
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 180
Re: What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

My little guy just turned 8 months and his third tooth (first on top!) just poked through. All my in laws and extended family is freaking out over blw, two of which are doctors swearing I am going to cause him to choke. :-( do you get this?
Our little guy has enjoyed steamed carrots cut in half so he can naw on them, steamed broccoli, avocado, scrambled egg, ham (gasp), green beans, and white fish.
We recently had a poopie diaper with a significant amount of solids in it. He AGONIZED over working it out. Is that common? I don't want to do this if it is going to hurt him so much...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jessikate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
Brinae89's Avatar
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 402
Re: What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

I haven't tried blw yet, and don't know that I am going to! But I'm glad I came across this post. My little guy is almost 5 months (on the 23rd) and he's not like my middle son who was so ready to eat at 4 months. (I fed him baby food initially) but this time around I'm not going pre packaged baby food and have been indecisive on whether or not to make homemade purées or do baby led weaning. So if you have any thoughts do share!(:
Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
hobbitgirl3
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 25
Re: What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessikate View Post
We recently had a poopie diaper with a significant amount of solids in it. He AGONIZED over working it out. Is that common? I don't want to do this if it is going to hurt him so much...
Yes, that will happen. However, making sure he drinks water with meals will make passing stools easier.
hobbitgirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #5
hobbitgirl3
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 25
Re: What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinae89 View Post
I haven't tried blw yet, and don't know that I am going to! But I'm glad I came across this post. My little guy is almost 5 months (on the 23rd) and he's not like my middle son who was so ready to eat at 4 months. (I fed him baby food initially) but this time around I'm not going pre packaged baby food and have been indecisive on whether or not to make homemade purées or do baby led weaning. So if you have any thoughts do share!(:
Personally, I think it depends on the child. My first loved purees so, I made them and purchased them for him, in addition to finger foods. My second does NOT like to be spoon fed. So, her eating is more BLW style.
hobbitgirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #6
Brinae89's Avatar
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 402
Re: What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitgirl3 View Post
Personally, I think it depends on the child. My first loved purees so, I made them and purchased them for him, in addition to finger foods. My second does NOT like to be spoon fed. So, her eating is more BLW style.

Yeah that's definitely true. I think my little one will be more blw style but we shall see. (:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
katemay
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 39
Re: What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

My little one is almost 9 months now. She loves picking up and feeding herself solids! I love feeding her steamed vegetables. She also eats avocados, rice, small bites of fruits (apples, pears), and bananas.
katemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #8
lilymax
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 69
Re: What have tried so far Baby Led Weaning

I'm trying to hold off for my 7mo till closer to 9 months like the others. I have let her sip water from a sippy cup (360) or peppermint tea if she's gassy from my mug. She trued sucking on a carrot but scraped pieces off that ended up in her diaper or spit out. (Wasn't intending her to eat it, just enjoy the coldness a few minutes before I removed it). So far ebf has been the fit for us.
__________________
Heather, blessed wife 18 yrs to sweetheart, 4 kids 13, 11, 2.5, 7 mo. CM homeschooling, hbirth, pt ec, cd, real food, lover of great books
lilymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.