Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
BrixtonsMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Cloth Diaper Stash?

Those of you also due in October, have you begun your stash yet? If so, what do you have already?

I'm sue October 3rd, I just ordered my first cloth diapers off ebay today, I got two newborn AIOs in a Dr. Suess pattern. I'm pretty excited about it.
I have what I think I'll need on my baby registry on babylist, keeping my fingers crossed that people actually use it!

Advertisement

BrixtonsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #2
brittrblackwell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth Diaper Stash?

I'm due October 23 with #4 and I have to replace just about everything. So far I have bought two nb covers. They where my celebration gift to my self when we found out we where prego.
I have a registry on nickis diapers but I doubt anyone is going to use it I have my cart full just waiting till I get enough money to "proceed to check out". Hoping to get about 3-4 dz flats and 2 dz prefolds and 6-9 covers, so that I don't wear out this stash like I did with my other kids.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #3
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This will be the 4th baby in my nb stash (my oldest wasn't CD'd as a newborn), so it's definitely paid for itself by now! I have 33 GMD orange edge pfs and around 9 covers (mostly Thirsties duos size one, a couple of tiny Assuntas, and a couple of nb proraps). This time I added a dozen orange edge workhorse fitteds and I'm making some little woollies to go over them.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
Hotterthanjuly
Registered Users
seller

wish i had known about NB GMDs for my 2! though i guess it would take more than 2 babies to have a full NB stash pay for itself;-)
Hotterthanjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #5
jokakinney
Registered Users

I'm due with our first daughter on Oct 21. I've been stressing about the CD stash for months. Found a mom destashing on craigslist so I bought all that she had: 4 Thirsties covers (1 appears to be a waterproof swim diaper cover???), 1 Thirsties one size all in one, 12 Bumkins prefolds, 6 snappies, MF washcloths for wipes, 1 pail liner, doublers and liners. There were also some other brands of diapers in the stash that I didn't mind picking up but wouldn't go out of my way to find like Fuzzibuns pocket and one Thirsties Duo Wrap.

So today, I focused on rounding out my stash with Green Mountain Cloth-eez NB and small prefolds (orange and yellow stitching), 1 spare pail liner, 1 Blueberry Simplex AIO Newborn diaper, 1 disana wool cover, 2 Flip bumgenius Snap one Size Diaper Covers, 3 Cloth-eez Workhorse Newborn Fitted Snaps Diapers, Pooters One Size Trim Hybrid Cover, and Bumkins Cloth Diaper Cover. Those last 2 covers came with the workhorse fitted’s and I didn’t really care for them but we’ll try them out. Also picked up some Eucalan Wool Wash & Lansinoh HPA Lanolin as I really want to try out the wool covers at night. Seems like all but a handful of people really have great experiences with wool.

I may pick up some Blueberry Capri’s, maybe some AIO’s, and another 1-2 wool covers later but I want to try everything out first to see what really works for us. I tend to over think these things and I may have over bought a bit but most of it was used except what I got directly from Green Mountain.
jokakinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:43 AM   #6
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokakinney
I'm due with our first daughter on Oct 21. I've been stressing about the CD stash for months. Found a mom destashing on craigslist so I bought all that she had: 4 Thirsties covers (1 appears to be a waterproof swim diaper cover???), 1 Thirsties one size all in one, 12 Bumkins prefolds, 6 snappies, MF washcloths for wipes, 1 pail liner, doublers and liners. There were also some other brands of diapers in the stash that I didn't mind picking up but wouldn't go out of my way to find like Fuzzibuns pocket and one Thirsties Duo Wrap. So today, I focused on rounding out my stash with Green Mountain Cloth-eez NB and small prefolds (orange and yellow stitching), 1 spare pail liner, 1 Blueberry Simplex AIO Newborn diaper, 1 disana wool cover, 2 Flip bumgenius Snap one Size Diaper Covers, 3 Cloth-eez Workhorse Newborn Fitted Snaps Diapers, Pooters One Size Trim Hybrid Cover, and Bumkins Cloth Diaper Cover. Those last 2 covers came with the workhorse fitted’s and I didn’t really care for them but we’ll try them out. Also picked up some Eucalan Wool Wash & Lansinoh HPA Lanolin as I really want to try out the wool covers at night. Seems like all but a handful of people really have great experiences with wool. I may pick up some Blueberry Capri’s, maybe some AIO’s, and another 1-2 wool covers later but I want to try everything out first to see what really works for us. I tend to over think these things and I may have over bought a bit but most of it was used except what I got directly from Green Mountain.
That sounds like a great stash! I super love my GMD pfs and fitteds. We use Disana wool overnight on my 20 month old, and it's been fantastic for us.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:00 AM   #7
Shutterbean
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm due October 4th with my first and I've been building my stash since mid-July. So far, I got my dipes mostly through FB groups, 1 transaction from this forum, and 1 local transaction from craigslist. Wish my local FB group is more active in B/S/T so I can save on shipping. =) I want to try different things but I find myself collecting similar stuff because most mamas want to sell in larger lots or at least multiples to save on shipping. I might de-stash before my LO even arrives in order to fund other stuff as I find them. LOL! This is what I collected so far

BG elemental x 13 in various colors (bought as one lot as seller didn't want to split)
Flip cover x 3 + some various inserts
Blueberry simplex OS x4, simplex NB x 1, basix OS x 2, basix NB x 1, mini deluxe x 3, OS deluxe x 2, capri cover size 1 x 3, coverall covers x 2
Lil Joey AIO NB x 2
GMD newborn x 2 dozen (I really only wanted 1 dozen but again, seller didn't want to split). Hoping to find yellow-edge ones soon so I'll sell 1 dozen orange edge to get the yellow edge ones.
3 snappis (took me a while to find these believe it or not. They go like hot cakes)
5 hemp inserts
2 hemp prefolds

That's what I've got so far.

Last edited by Shutterbean; 08-02-2015 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling error
Shutterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #8
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Great job! I loved building my stash waiting for baby. I did not start out with much though.

I personally might hesitate to de stash much. If you end up LOVING your elementals, what you have now is a good rotation. Unfortunately, you won't know for a while unless you gave big babies. I feel they fit better closer to 9-12 lbs to start.

You might need a few more newborn covers? Again, if you have a tiny baby, it is difficult to get a good fit with a OS cover.

I ALMOST got rid of all my prefolds shortly after DD was born as I hated them and preferred flats! I am so glad I kept them, they are my favorite to stuff my pockets right now. The compression leaks from microfiber were driving me nuts!

Good luck with your stash and your little on the way!
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:51 PM   #9
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think I pretty good as the last of mine just came in from my sister today (I shipped her a bunch I made or bought with my older 4 when hers was born and now they came back). I will post a pic or a list later and see what you guys think. Along with how big my babes usually are. Gotta round them all up for bed now
Old 04-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #10
Juchapmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Due end of Oct. and I just started my stash today. I found some seconds on cottonbabies.com, so they were a good price (as good as used on here). I'm going to exclusively use bumGenius Flips. I'm hoping this will make wash and dry a little less time consuming. We likely won't have a dryer at all, so the less dry time possible, the better. I might buy a few BumGenius pockets to add to the stash, but I'm still debating on that.
A couple friends each who have clothe diapered 3 and have 4th on the way, have used and tried many. One loves bumGenius Flips and the other bumGenius pockets. Flip seem they will require less wash as you can use a cover a couple times unless they are soiled. Drying should also be quicker than all-in-ones for sure.
Juchapmama is offline   Reply With Quote