Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
shutterhearts
Registered Users

AMP & Peachy Baby

Ok so bouncing off my old topic about Applecheeks I think I'm becoming more interested in AMP and Peachy Baby mainly because they have the option of a one size diaper. But I'm wondering how soon their diapers fit babies (yes we have a NB stash already). I really like that AMP has more color options but by the looks of it the Peachy Baby seem slightly smaller and that they'd fit a small baby sooner. But this is just from pictures I've seen.

Anyone use either of these that can give some feedback? For the AMP I'm talking about their one size diaper. I'm just not positive I want to do sized diapers and have to worry about buying the next size when baby grows out of them.

Thanks!

ETA: Oh wait I just noticed something. The Peachy Baby doesn't have the option of using it as a pocket right?

Advertisement

Last edited by shutterhearts; 11-25-2013 at 10:24 PM.
shutterhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
holocene
Registered Users

Ive used both.

Peachy Baby is only an AI2. There is no pocket opening, but their fleece and inserts are sooooo soft, that this never bothered me. (although I should note that I never stuff my amp or ac either...) Amp has 2 rows of snaps, where as Peachy baby only has one. My sister used AMP OS on her baby from about 10-12 lbs. My other sister used Peachy Baby on her baby at about the same weight. Both provided a good fit. Ive used them both on my 30 lb toddler without issue. They both had more than enough coverage and rise for him. The thing I love most about these diapers is that they are so comfortable for baby. Both AMP and PB are gentler than AC. While I love AC size 1 on newborns, I found we outgrew them too soon (13lbs), and that there's too much of a size difference between 1s and 2s.

Regardless of what you go for, you should consider grovia bamboo prefolds vs AC or AMP inserts. I love peachy baby inserts though - they are crazy absorbent.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
shutterhearts
Registered Users

Re: AMP & Peachy Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by holocene View Post
Ive used both.

Peachy Baby is only an AI2. There is no pocket opening, but their fleece and inserts are sooooo soft, that this never bothered me. (although I should note that I never stuff my amp or ac either...) Amp has 2 rows of snaps, where as Peachy baby only has one. My sister used AMP OS on her baby from about 10-12 lbs. My other sister used Peachy Baby on her baby at about the same weight. Both provided a good fit. Ive used them both on my 30 lb toddler without issue. They both had more than enough coverage and rise for him. The thing I love most about these diapers is that they are so comfortable for baby. Both AMP and PB are gentler than AC. While I love AC size 1 on newborns, I found we outgrew them too soon (13lbs), and that there's too much of a size difference between 1s and 2s.

Regardless of what you go for, you should consider grovia bamboo prefolds vs AC or AMP inserts. I love peachy baby inserts though - they are crazy absorbent.
Thank you this helps out a lot!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
BummisMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't tried peach baby but my AMP OS fit my gal at around 11lbs. They are AWESOME. Diapers
BummisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
shutterhearts
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BummisMom View Post
I haven't tried peach baby but my AMP OS fit my gal at around 11lbs. They are AWESOME. Diapers
Thank you!