Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
babesonparade
Registered Users
seller

Wooden Gifts Toy Blocks and Book

I'm posting my home made gifts I've made for my Son's friends and I can only post 3 photos at once, so this is my second post.

My 1st 'Kids toy gift' was a set of wooden blocks for a friends son's first birthday gift. I bought wood blocks from Michaels and hand 'burned' them with a 'wax burner (I'm a jeweller and it's a tool for wax carving' but they sell wood burners at most craft stores). I designed the blocks to spell Eric Eagle (his first and middle names) if he lines up all the footballs and eagles. He can also build a castle. A little advanced for a 1 year old, but very attractive gift!

My 2nd Kids toy gift was a handmade wooden 'lift the flap' book, also for a friend's son's first birthday. This one I'm very proud of. Her son's birthday party was giraffe themed, so I wrote a short story about a little boy named Caleb (the birthday boy) and how he wishes, wants, decides and then makes his wish to be as tall as a Giraffe come true. Made from wood sheets from Michaels, I drilled holes in it and made the 'spine' from blue cord, I taped the ends. I glue gunned the felt 'flaps' on to the wood (very secure), and wood burned the drawings and txt on. BIG project, but totally worth it.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think, if you've made anything similar, or if you have made interesting kids toys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wood blocks.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	181296   Click image for larger version

Name:	10 IMG_5839.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	181297   Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	181298  

Advertisement

babesonparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wooden Gifts Toy Blocks and Book

Really nice.

You can post as many pictures you want if you use photobucket instead of the uploader on here.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #3
babesonparade
Registered Users
seller

Ok thanks! I'm hoping to sell some diapers on here in the future, but don't really know how to become a seller. I read I need 30 posts. Does that mean thread posts? Or does a comment count as a post?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
babesonparade
Registered Users
seller

I also think I already used up my photo space on here. Can I delete photos later if I want to post new ones? Or photo bucket will solve that problem? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can delete pictures but photobucket is easier and does solve your problem.

Each post counts. At this point you have 21 points so almost at 30. Now posts on fsot or introduction don't count but with at least 2 threads started just keep the conversation going or comment on other threads.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #6
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Those are great! Blocks are the best...right now he can have fun just banging them (or let's face it, throwing them) then learn to stack, and then build things and spell! I love stuff like that that really grows with kiddo.

I totally agree with the photobucket. It is a bit of a pain (you just upload to photobucket and paste the image codes into three thread) but much easier than working with the upload feature here and you can store a lot more pictures.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #7
babesonparade
Registered Users
seller

Ok thanks! So I'm showing my newbie stripes here, what is the FSOT, how is it different from right here. Is it the marketplace, and here is a forum?
How did you know I had 21points. Where does it show up? I have a little 'tick' sheet where I've been keeping track of all my posts. ha ha. I'm really enjoying it, I'm glad the moderators made this rule, it does encourage interactions.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #8
babesonparade
Registered Users
seller

Oh I JUST found it under my name on the right. I have 1 rating too! cool. K I'm gonna go try photobucket now.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:33 AM   #9
katrych81
Registered Users

Thanks for sharing!
katrych81 is offline   Reply With Quote