Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Magickal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry "Homeschooling Is Where You dont do school stuff and yOU dont learn very much"

This is what I heard from an EIGHT YEAR OLD! I could NOT believe I heard this from a child! I mean where in the world did she get this idea? from a teacher her parents?!
I set her straight and explained and she was very surprised and impressed, and ended the conversation with "WOW I wish you could teach me"

but still this really bothers me I never thought I would have to deal with children being so disaproveing of homeschooling, it makes me very concerned about what the next years will bring as this is our first year ...

Advertisement

ISO: Large Halloween Diapers or Costumes or anything fun
Magickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Homeschooling Is Where You dont do school stuff and yOU dont learn very much"

Wow that is crazy. I wonder where she heard that? I have never encountered anything like that but this will only be our second year homeschooling.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Homeschooling Is Where You dont do school stuff and yOU dont learn very much"

Oh yeah, I've gotten it from children too. We used to live on a block that was very densly populated and we were friends with most of the families that lived there. A few of the kids were very opinionated on homeschooling and I never doubted for a minute that what came out of their mouths was a paraphrase from their parents. It just irks me that some ppl can bring their children up to be so closed minded.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe the child understood wrong from the parents.. My dd asked to be taught at home and I had to tell her I would LOVE to but she wouldn't learn what she needed to..
Because ME IM not qualified to teach her beyond the basics . The way the schools are going the HARDER they are becoming . There is NO way i could do it to make her ready for college. I mean they have the kids reading in preschool and K. My gonna be 2nd grader is SO smart and has learned So much in first grade so fast with younger ones or with out there was no way. Just an idea the kid could a been told no ..dunno.
But man i wish i had the knowledge and brains to HS kids in schools are so so mean, and with the school shooting ugh disgusting.
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't fool yourself PP^.

1/3 of all high schoolers drop out, another 1/3 are not ready for even junior college. Our Public schools are failing us. I bet you could do a wonderful job teaching your kids because you know them better then anyone else.

AS for the OP, there are still a ton of misconseptions about what we do at home, way to inform her!
Wife for 20 years to Lance Sr. SAHM, homeschooling mom of 7, 4 boys and 3 little girls, Christian 22 , Lance 18 , Philip 12 , James 10 , Princess Princess Catherine 8 Rainbow Baby Reagan 5, Molly and baby Abigail due in March
cupcakewright is offline   Reply With Quote