Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Second pregnancy differences?

What were the biggest differences between your first and second pregnancy?

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Second pregnancy differences?

Ha! Everything! I had terrible morning sickness with the second. I had more aches and pains. I never got swollen. And the feeling of wanting to pee all the time started sooner. Maybe I was just more aware of it? I have two boys so it wasn't a gender difference, lol. Enjoy your pregnancy and any/all differences. As hard as it is to grow a person, it's such an amazing experience.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
momof3inMD
Registered Users

My Mood:

My second pregnancy I was so tired, probably because I had a toddler to deal with. :winked: But overall it was really similar. My 3rd was similar too. No morning sickness but lots of fatigue.
momof3inMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

More achy, less tired, more heartburn.
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

did y'all show earlier?
Old 12-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Dani303
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I showed much earlier the 2nd pregnancy! 2nd pregnancy I was exponentially more tired, but agree that probably mostly had to do with chasing around a toddler. I would nap for 2-3hrs in the middle of the day when my toddler fell asleep I was also much more achy (also didn't swell with this one), had a lot more morning sickness, and heartburn. Those may also have been side effects of toddler too though... my son's needs always came first so I would go too long between eating (which would make me sick), and would tend to eat junk (which gave me heartburn)! Oh and felt baby move a lot earlier! Second baby is a little girl
Dani303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:35 PM   #7
sarahmorrisphoto
Registered Users

Everything! My morning sickness has been more severe, and lasted longer. Heartburn started much sooner. Aches and pains started much sooner. Much more tired and exhausted. Already swollen at 22 weeks. Etc. Etc. Etc.

What's (not)funny, is I didn't exercise last time. This pregnancy, I'm exercising and trying to eat better, but I'm much more miserable.
sarahmorrisphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #8
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani303 View Post
Yes, I showed much earlier the 2nd pregnancy! 2nd pregnancy I was exponentially more tired, but agree that probably mostly had to do with chasing around a toddler. I would nap for 2-3hrs in the middle of the day when my toddler fell asleep I was also much more achy (also didn't swell with this one), had a lot more morning sickness, and heartburn. Those may also have been side effects of toddler too though... my son's needs always came first so I would go too long between eating (which would make me sick), and would tend to eat junk (which gave me heartburn)! Oh and felt baby move a lot earlier! Second baby is a little girl
Did showing earlier equal more wieght gain for you? My first midwife appointment I had only gained 1 lb but I have my next appointment next week and I feel like my belly popped a ton since then. Im afraid what the scale is going to say.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #9
snugsboutique
Registered Users
seller

Oh man, I'm enjoying this one. But I think a lot of it has to do with my new DH. My exDH was emotionally and verbally abusive and controlling. I remember looking back and I had a lot of emotional stress. Plus I was 10 years younger and it hit my body hard.

I feel like I'm in such a better place this time around. I did have the bout of morning sickness in the 1st trimester, but 2nd was smooth sailing, now I'm settling into my 3rd, it's still rather tolerable.

I'm BAAACK!! Check out my new ready to ship items on my Etsy and Hyena Cart shops!
snugsboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:47 PM   #10
EngineerCD
Registered Users

Sick for longer, ugh
EngineerCD is offline   Reply With Quote