Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy My milk is drying up :(

It's been a wonderful 13.5 months nursing and I think it's coming to an end. I started working out a little harder these past couple months knowing that it could mess with my supply but I honestly couldn't handle not working out anymore (when DS was about 3 months I started working out and my milk supply dropped a bit so I stopped), I just honestly need it mentally more than anything else. So I'm taking loads of fenugreek and ML MMP and drinking tea and eating oatmeal but I'm only getting a couple let downs a day... It's hard because we really want to get pregnant again and I have still not had a PPAF....so I'm sure this all needs to happen, but it makes me feel like I am choosing the next baby over DS. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's how I feel. I really wanted to nurse DS til he was 18 months, and maybe I still will be able to... Right now he's been nursing about 4-5 x per day and once or twice at night (we co-sleep) so maybe it will just switch to being a couple times a day and comfort nurse at night. IDK.. just sad. And needed to share. And it's my birthday (pity party here goodness gracious) and this is all just making me sad. Sorry y'all, just needed to vent. Thanks if you made it this far.

Advertisement

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My milk is drying up :(

Today was better. I was able to rest yesterday, drink loads of water, and I actually felt like I had milk every time he nursed - 4 times during the day. Yay.

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay!! Hopefully you can continue to nurse as long as you both want
Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Aw I hope you can continue your BFing journey with your LO! And happy birthday!

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote