Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sleep help!

Mama's I need some advice, please!

DS3 (4mos) basically will only sleep on my chest these days. I love the cuddles but I can't do this every time he needs to sleep, even naps.

He was sleeping 8hrs a night at one point, then he went through a regression around 3mos and we made his bed time earlier and it helped the regression tremendously and he was only waking at like 2am and 6am instead of every 30 mins. Now in a normal week a couple days he will sleep wonderfully through the night sometimes waking around 2am to nurse then right back to sleep and other days he will wake up multiple times and not go back to sleep unless I let him sleep on my chest. Once he is asleep on my chest he sleeps like a champ. If I let him go to sleep on my chest at bed time (7:30) there is no doubt in my mind that he'd sleep until morning but that's not practical nor is it the safest (yes I know!).

Thanks for reading my ramble!

Any advice??

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sleep help!

Do you go to him the minute he starts fussing or do you give him a few minutes to see if he will settle back in on his own?
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

This is like the blind leading the blind, but I used this site with my son: https://www.preciouslittlesleep.com
It kind of piggy backs on the happiest baby on the block book, and advocates using a swing, swaddling, black out curtains, and white noise. They also have a Facebook group that's super helpful, just search the website title on Facebook.
apeeling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Do you go to him the minute he starts fussing or do you give him a few minutes to see if he will settle back in on his own?
Generally I try to give him a little bit to fuss. I admit some nights knowing he will go right to sleep on my chest I just go straight to that. Mainly because I don't want DH to wake up and be mean. He is rather unpleasant in the middle of the night without meaning to be.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #5
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
This is like the blind leading the blind, but I used this site with my son: https://www.preciouslittlesleep.com
It kind of piggy backs on the happiest baby on the block book, and advocates using a swing, swaddling, black out curtains, and white noise. They also have a Facebook group that's super helpful, just search the website title on Facebook.
Thanks! I don't have Facebook but I will check out that link!
Old 11-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #6
becca jean
Registered Users

It sounds like he likes to sleep on his belly. Have you tried that at all? My guy has been a belly sleeper since around 2 months old. I know they say it's not safe but it works for us. His crib is in my room and I can see him at all times.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #7
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean View Post
It sounds like he likes to sleep on his belly. Have you tried that at all? My guy has been a belly sleeper since around 2 months old. I know they say it's not safe but it works for us. His crib is in my room and I can see him at all times.
Ugh. Yes...he is currently on his belly. It just makes me so nervous. This is the second time I've tried on his belly at night time. We will see how it goes.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #8
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean View Post
We had this with DS too. He started having a lot of sleep problems sometime around 3-4 mos and my mom and sis both suggested we sleep him on his tummy. It totally freaked me out, but it worked he slept like a champ after that.

Does he have good head control? Does he lift it well when he has tummy time? Or can he roll over at all? If any of those can make you comfortable trying him on his tummy, I'd give it a shot.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

My oldest would only sleep on her stomach.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote