Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #31
saraley's Avatar
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,016
My Mood:
Re: One sibling in a wedding but not the other sibling

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquelicot View Post
No, they were still a part of it. Just not as bridesmaids. One was a photographer, one did a reading for us, one managed the guestbook. They were in a ton of family pictures that were taken.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was referring to several others posts that were in response to your original OP.

Advertisement

__________________
Sarah- Married to my "Nebraska Farmer" 1/09;
SAHM to Barrett 7/12 (and Lovin' every minute of it)
saraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #32
coquelicot's Avatar
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,473
My Mood:
Re: One sibling in a wedding but not the other sibling

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraley View Post
I was referring to several others posts that were in response to your original OP.

Ok, sorry. The "you" threw me off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
K & B since 10/2003
Added our sweet little C 4/2008 and our baby boy I 12/2012
coquelicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #33
BRXB's Avatar
BRXB
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 107
Re: One sibling in a wedding but not the other sibling

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquelicot View Post
And unless someone volunteers a more concrete reason, I'm just going to tell DD that her cousin already had a flower girl picked out and there wasn't room for another one, but she can help me get DS ready during rehearsal and the wedding day.
I think that sounds perfect.

In my experience, kids take their cues from us...so if you don't make it a big deal, she won't.

I hope everything else works out!

Last edited by BRXB; 05-19-2017 at 01:20 PM.
BRXB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #34
MamaChirpy's Avatar
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South MS
Posts: 4,511
Re: One sibling in a wedding but not the other sibling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Nope, I disagree. Brides don't get to do whatever they want just because it's their wedding. Life will go on after the wedding and the wedding will not be immediately forgotten. Yes, weddings are special, but they're also common. Plenty of people have pulled them off without hurting too many feelings. This bride's little cousin is not going to forget. Brides can get a little carried away and selfish, especially young brides, and if MIL remembers to talk to the bride about your DD, excellent. Even if DD gets a part in the wedding because her grandma made it happen, that's OK. DD doesn't have to know that part. But if the girls are close and want to remain close, DD deserves to have a good reason for not being asked to help. I think it's rude to ask one child and not another. For my wedding, we specifically had no children at all so that we wouldn't have to choose between nieces and nephews.

That said, I would leave it to your MIL or DH to ask the bride about it. These things tend to go better with immediate family. And then, if the answer is no, hopefully you can come up with a satisfactory explanation for DD.


You said this way better than I could. I know the issue is resolved, but just wanted to say, the above was my opinion as well.
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #35
mamaberkhie's Avatar
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by coquelicot
And unless someone volunteers a more concrete reason, I'm just going to tell DD that her cousin already had a flower girl picked out and there wasn't room for another one, but she can help me get DS ready during rehearsal and the wedding day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great answer.
__________________
Mama to many littles
and baby Remember.
mamaberkhie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.