Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #41
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

That's annoying Janine. We have a lot of contingent projects languishing over here too and it is so frustrating.

I probably could get more city bins Kari, but they don't fit well *in* my house. What I had been doing is putting recycling in paper grocery sacks in the house, then filling the standard big rectangle bins in the garage with paper sacks of recycling. The city won't pick up any recycling that's not in the bins, so like when I have stuck out a big cardboard box full of recycling, the trash run picks it up instead. And the bins don't have lids, so they blow loose bottles and boxes any time the wind kicks up, or stuff gets wet when it rains. Plus multiple bins takes up a huge footprint in the garage and is a PITA to take out to the curb. So I am thinking now maybe a large traditional lidded, wheeled trashcan in blue marked for recycling would be ideal, and I can dump the indoor recycling wastebasket into it as it gets full. Guess I should call the trash contractor and see what they say.

Advertisement

Last edited by cherylchoo; 07-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #42
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Same story here Janine. I don't even talk about what I do because it is mostly dishes, laundry and nag ad nauseum. Sigh.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #43
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, for the love of Pete. Went to the trash contractor web site, and they say if you have more than fits in the bins, just use clear trash bags. :facepalm:

Why does this not work for me? Well, for starters clear bags are HTF and expensive. Secondly, it has taken me three years to train Raj that clear trash bags are for stuff that goes to Salvation Army. Otherwise every time we clean out the basement, purge seasonal clothes, etc it doesn't make it there. As Eunyi would say, FML.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #44
Serafina33
Registered Users

Fingers crossed for Jen!

The four of us spent the day picnicking with my best friend and her family of 6 on a small island just a ferry boat away from our city center, and watching six kids splash around the beach was fun.

I found out yesterday that my cervix is fine, not in the crisis zone at all for preterm labor, so I can relax about my contractions. They are currently painful but not dangerous.

Janine, I know all about preterm labor, my first was born at 34 weeks, and I do NOT want that again. However, 37 weeks would be just fine with me since the lungs should be just fine by then, because I have a history of very big babies and SUCH un-comfy, contractions-ridden pregnancy!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #45
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Same story here Janine. I don't even talk about what I do because it is mostly dishes, laundry and nag ad nauseum. Sigh.

And we got off track with the chore lists with the vacay and sickness, so it seems worse right now because I am trying to get the routines back in order. Gah.

The good news is today we actually made cookies from scratch for the first time in ages. So that's something.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #46
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
But I need you to post to help motivate me...I'm sure we all need the occasional kick up the rear to get us going on something or other.

sent using DS Forum
Old 07-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #47
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafina33 View Post
Fingers crossed for Jen!

The four of us spent the day picnicking with my best friend and her family of 6 on a small island just a ferry boat away from our city center, and watching six kids splash around the beach was fun.

I found out yesterday that my cervix is fine, not in the crisis zone at all for preterm labor, so I can relax about my contractions. They are currently painful but not dangerous.

Janine, I know all about preterm labor, my first was born at 34 weeks, and I do NOT want that again. However, 37 weeks would be just fine with me since the lungs should be just fine by then, because I have a history of very big babies and SUCH un-comfy, contractions-ridden pregnancy!
I have 4 kids. My first and third were 37 week babies, my second was a 39 week baby, and my fourth was a 35 week baby. They both had to use a pariboy and a babyhaler throughout their younger years

My first and third both had bronchitis by the time they were 7 weeks old. My fourth just didn't breathe...he was in the NICU until they fixed him up.

My second is the only one of my kids that did not have any breathing issues and did not have to stay in the NICU.

My first was 2660g, my second was 3010g, my third was 3100g, and my fourth was 3450g.

sent using DS Forum
Old 07-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #48
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post

And we got off track with the chore lists with the vacay and sickness, so it seems worse right now because I am trying to get the routines back in order. Gah.

The good news is today we actually made cookies from scratch for the first time in ages. So that's something.
Yum!

I haven't made cookies in a long time.

sent using DS Forum
Old 07-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #49
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have to go to bed....I'm sorry jen, I really wanted to stay up and wait for news.

I'm so tired, its past midnight here. Hopefully you'll have great news and I can squeeeee about it when I get up in the morning.

sent using DS Forum
Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #50
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have no news Janine. If I dont hear soemthing by noon tomorrow I will contact the tech director himself and ask for an answer.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote