Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #41
crittercrazy3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Adopt a Newbie!!!!

big sister criteria?

500 posts and 3 mos member? that way we are sure that she is active in the forum and has enough "experience" with CD AND with diaperswappers. what do you think?

Advertisement

Last edited by crittercrazy3; 03-08-2008 at 10:38 AM.
crittercrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #42
mum2James&Julia
Registered Users
Formerly: mum2James&Bean
seller

My Mood:

Whoops... didn't read we were doing this a particular way.

Big Sister Available

My name's Erin, mum to James (3 years old ) and Julia (almost 10 months). I cloth diapered James for several months and then gave up due to an inadaquate stash and unsupportive significant other (Jonny). With Julia I started researching better cloth diapering options and convinced Jonny to get on board. We're tried just about every possible cloth diapering style and have settled on a nice mix of styles for different occasions. We started with mainly flats & covers, "graduated" to pockets, then eventually found a great love for fitteds and wool though I still love flats & covers and pockets for different reasons.

Last edited by mum2James&Julia; 03-08-2008 at 11:39 AM.
mum2James&Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #43
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittercrazy3 View Post
big sister criteria?

500 posts and 3 mos member? that way we are sure that she is active in the forum and has enough "experience" with CD AND with diaperswappers. what do you think?
I was thinking about that but honestly I don't think anyone would volunteer to be a big sis unless they feel confident in giving advice and all that. Time cd'ing or posting isn't really an indicator KWIM?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #44
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Shucks too slow...I'm still available lol

And how cute to put you're a big sis in the siggy!!!! That'll get the word around about the program to and maybe this thread will get stickied or something.

Last edited by lilbitcrunchy; 03-08-2008 at 10:43 AM.
lilbitcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #45
mommy2alex2004
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Big Sister available.

I am Ammie (35) and I have been CDing for 2 1/2 years. I am a SAHM (former and going to go back to be a teacher) to a 3 yo DS and a 16 mo (today ) DD. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 6 years. I started CDing DS when DS was 10mo. I started with prefolds and then moved to pockets and AIOs. I started CDing DD when she came home from the hospital. We primarily use pockets, AIOs, and fitted/wool. I have used PUL covers but not in a long time and I do have one prefold I still use as well as one grae that I use. I have pretty much used everything and have tried many brands but know that different babies wear different diapers differently.

I can handle a few newbies. PM me if you are looking for a Big Sis!

ETA: I live in VA if a location is needed.

I am a Big sis to a few CDing mamas
mommy21princess
Want easy fluff money? Try Hits4Pay& Inbox$$.
Search with swagbucks to earn giftcards & other prizes.
Ask me how!

Last edited by mommy2alex2004; 03-08-2008 at 07:42 PM.
mommy2alex2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #46
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittercrazy3 View Post
big sister criteria?

I think that's a great idea. I'd want to make sure that anyone helping noobs isn't still lost on DS themselves.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #47
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

BIG SISTER AVAILABLE

Hello, my name is Rachael I am a SAHM(soon to be student) to 2 babes in cloth, I have a 22 month old DD, and a 9 month old DS. We use pockets, prefolds, fitteds, wool and fleece covers. I live in Rochestr, NY. I am available alot I am a computer junky . I am also willing to help anybody who is a new mama or just needs advice on mama things I love to help it makes me feel good inside

Last edited by RJmomof4; 03-08-2008 at 11:40 AM.
RJmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #48
crittercrazy3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbabygabi View Post
I was thinking about that but honestly I don't think anyone would volunteer to be a big sis unless they feel confident in giving advice and all that. Time cd'ing or posting isn't really an indicator KWIM?
yeah, but to protect a newbie from a scammer "here i'll adopt you, if you wanna buy some cds send me money and i'll help you" i mean you never know.

also there are members that are not active. that would ensure that a newbie has availability to her big sister. someone that's witty on knowing prices on fsot. it doesn't have to be 500/3mos, it can be tweaked, just saying there should be a system.

ETA: it would also be helpful if newbies and sisters were matched geographically. lol

Last edited by crittercrazy3; 03-08-2008 at 11:00 AM.
crittercrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #49
jee_jee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbabygabi View Post
i kinda agree that time is not always relative to your knowlegde. i CD'd my first baby with prefolds and scraps and dappi covers, for the first year of his diapering time, I had no idea about other options till i found amitys world and them diaper pin and then DS. so that was 2 years that i didnt really kow much. but nowadays most mamas find out about option early on. I dont thin its necessary to set a rule per se about who can be a big sister but it would be nice to see big sisters who have already been around a bit and only volunteer if they feel they can help somebody out.
jee_jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #50
Tonia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Little Sister Available!!

My name is Tonia and I am a SAHM to a 15 month old son. We just started CDing yesterday, LITERALLY! I am married to the man of my dreams and have a 16 y.o. step-daughter. I am using prefolds and fitted dipes. I need all kinds of help. Oh yeah, we live in NC. TTYL.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote