Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question Fabric prep and a few other ? (First timer, Christmas stockings) UPDATED with pic

Alright, I felt a crafty itch and decided that since I have had such a hard time finding decent stockings for us that DH & I both like, I would just make them.
I happened to have coupons for Joann's and went and bought myself some fabric and a pattern... Now I am a bit lost. I haven't sewn anything (except my wipes) since my nanny passed away when I was 12.

I am presuming I need to wash the fabric before cutting... What temp/cycle? Do I also wash the fusible fleece?

Also, Joann's didn't have all the required parts for this pattern and told me to look online, which I have. No one has them. It's the trim, cord and tassel... Made by Wright's. I don't know quite how to go about finding something else to use, and the people at Joann's were no help at all. Every time I asked for assistance they just pointed to an aisle and told me that what I wanted should be somewhere around there (and I asked several different staff )

I'm beginning to feel I should either have just gone the 'easy' route with felt or just given up and bought something.

Any help is very, very appreciated!

ETA: Just opened up the pattern to see if my answers might be that simple... And discovered I am likely over my head as I have a simple craft machine, so don't have the required settings/parts for the cord/trim/etc. I am betting I can just leave them off, though it won't look quite as nice...
Anyway, still need the washing question answered

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!

Last edited by Squig'sMumMum; 12-04-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote