Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #41
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,550
My Mood:
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

I'm organizing homeschool books and assorted curricula.

Do you feel my pain?!?!?

Advertisement

__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #42
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,488
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I'm organizing homeschool books and assorted curricula.

Do you feel my pain?!?!?
I do!

Confession--I am very much dreading the start of the school year. I know I shouldn't, but I am. I also do not feel well prepared at all, and school is only days away. I feel approximately 0% motivated to get prepared.

The kids are currently doing that Ice Cream/Dragons thing someone mentioned upthread. I had never heard of it before, but they are enjoying it. So at least the summer hasn't been a total loss.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #43
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,550
My Mood:
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I do!

Confession--I am very much dreading the start of the school year. I know I shouldn't, but I am. I also do not feel well prepared at all, and school is only days away. I feel approximately 0% motivated to get prepared.

The kids are currently doing that Ice Cream/Dragons thing someone mentioned upthread. I had never heard of it before, but they are enjoying it. So at least the summer hasn't been a total loss.
I always get good suggestions here.

I'm dreading it too. I know I'm going to be "on" pretty much all day because one ds is not ready to work independently. I'm still going to be carting two others to the school a couple of times a day.

I did finally get things put away but I still need to do one more small book order.
__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:31 PM   #44
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,367
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by R055ANA View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks for starting this thread and to all of you who have participated.

Mykidsaremyheart, I have owned the Art of Problem Solving for a few years but I have yet to use it. It is the pile of 850 books to be used some day. Someone else recommended it and said the authors were responsive over email when she wrote in with questions which I thought was impressive.

We continue to slog along in the summer. We really do our own thing and sometimes with various activities I feel like the academics fall to the wayside. I want my girls to continue reading in the summer, to write and to participate in some summer academic activity such as class.

We need to work on cursive over here and I should see about getting a book for my kids to practice with. We do own one but from my quick glance it isn't the greatest.

Looking forward to hearing more from each of you! Enjoy the summer!


I know you say you haven't used Art of Problem Solving.but you did end up getting it. Do you remember how you decided what to choose? I guess that's probably the main reason I haven't totally jumped on board with it yet.

I'm still thinking of that fancy cursive book, I wouldn't mind learning myself. It may be fun. How are you liking it so far Agla?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #45
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,550
My Mood:
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
I know you say you haven't used Art of Problem Solving.but you did end up getting it. Do you remember how you decided what to choose? I guess that's probably the main reason I haven't totally jumped on board with it yet.

I'm still thinking of that fancy cursive book, I wouldn't mind learning myself. It may be fun. How are you liking it so far Agla?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are trying it this week. I'll report back.

Trial run today and I predict some serious growing pains. My 5 year old really needs me and the 7 year old feels entitled to equal time even though he can work independently. This morning ended with tears.

On the up side, my time estimates per subject seem to be spot on.
__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #46
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 15,121
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

For some reason, none of the new posts in this thread have shown up as new, so I've missed out on all sorts of stuff. Going to go back and see what everyone's been up to.

We are starting in a couple weeks, and I am not prepared at all yet. In fact, it just hit me yesterday that we need to get going soon. It's been such a crazy summer.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #47
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,550
My Mood:
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
For some reason, none of the new posts in this thread have shown up as new, so I've missed out on all sorts of stuff. Going to go back and see what everyone's been up to.

We are starting in a couple weeks, and I am not prepared at all yet. In fact, it just hit me yesterday that we need to get going soon. It's been such a crazy summer.
Yet again it seems like the summer ended to quickly.

My homeschool plans were officially approved in writing today. I got the odd sensation that they got rubber stamped this time.

Day 2 homeschool trial is going much better. Only almost tears not actual tears today. No really my you gets insists on trying Teaching Your Child to Read because everyone else used it. It wasn't even on his schedule but he felt like giving it a try and got disappointed. Luckily, science and literature were fun and he got over it.
__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.