Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #41
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschool Chat Summer Session

I'm organizing homeschool books and assorted curricula.

Do you feel my pain?!?!?

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #42
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I'm organizing homeschool books and assorted curricula.

Do you feel my pain?!?!?
I do!

Confession--I am very much dreading the start of the school year. I know I shouldn't, but I am. I also do not feel well prepared at all, and school is only days away. I feel approximately 0% motivated to get prepared.

The kids are currently doing that Ice Cream/Dragons thing someone mentioned upthread. I had never heard of it before, but they are enjoying it. So at least the summer hasn't been a total loss.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #43
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I do!

Confession--I am very much dreading the start of the school year. I know I shouldn't, but I am. I also do not feel well prepared at all, and school is only days away. I feel approximately 0% motivated to get prepared.

The kids are currently doing that Ice Cream/Dragons thing someone mentioned upthread. I had never heard of it before, but they are enjoying it. So at least the summer hasn't been a total loss.
I always get good suggestions here.

I'm dreading it too. I know I'm going to be "on" pretty much all day because one ds is not ready to work independently. I'm still going to be carting two others to the school a couple of times a day.

I did finally get things put away but I still need to do one more small book order.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:31 PM   #44
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by R055ANA View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks for starting this thread and to all of you who have participated.

Mykidsaremyheart, I have owned the Art of Problem Solving for a few years but I have yet to use it. It is the pile of 850 books to be used some day. Someone else recommended it and said the authors were responsive over email when she wrote in with questions which I thought was impressive.

We continue to slog along in the summer. We really do our own thing and sometimes with various activities I feel like the academics fall to the wayside. I want my girls to continue reading in the summer, to write and to participate in some summer academic activity such as class.

We need to work on cursive over here and I should see about getting a book for my kids to practice with. We do own one but from my quick glance it isn't the greatest.

Looking forward to hearing more from each of you! Enjoy the summer!

I know you say you haven't used Art of Problem Solving.but you did end up getting it. Do you remember how you decided what to choose? I guess that's probably the main reason I haven't totally jumped on board with it yet.

I'm still thinking of that fancy cursive book, I wouldn't mind learning myself. It may be fun. How are you liking it so far Agla?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #45
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
I know you say you haven't used Art of Problem Solving.but you did end up getting it. Do you remember how you decided what to choose? I guess that's probably the main reason I haven't totally jumped on board with it yet.

I'm still thinking of that fancy cursive book, I wouldn't mind learning myself. It may be fun. How are you liking it so far Agla?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are trying it this week. I'll report back.

Trial run today and I predict some serious growing pains. My 5 year old really needs me and the 7 year old feels entitled to equal time even though he can work independently. This morning ended with tears.

On the up side, my time estimates per subject seem to be spot on.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #46
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

For some reason, none of the new posts in this thread have shown up as new, so I've missed out on all sorts of stuff. Going to go back and see what everyone's been up to.

We are starting in a couple weeks, and I am not prepared at all yet. In fact, it just hit me yesterday that we need to get going soon. It's been such a crazy summer.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #47
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
For some reason, none of the new posts in this thread have shown up as new, so I've missed out on all sorts of stuff. Going to go back and see what everyone's been up to.

We are starting in a couple weeks, and I am not prepared at all yet. In fact, it just hit me yesterday that we need to get going soon. It's been such a crazy summer.
Yet again it seems like the summer ended to quickly.

My homeschool plans were officially approved in writing today. I got the odd sensation that they got rubber stamped this time.

Day 2 homeschool trial is going much better. Only almost tears not actual tears today. No really my you gets insists on trying Teaching Your Child to Read because everyone else used it. It wasn't even on his schedule but he felt like giving it a try and got disappointed. Luckily, science and literature were fun and he got over it.