Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

kindergarten help please

I am using abeka k5 for phonics/reading writing/spelling, math. but I am just not impressed with their social studies, science or art books. we did fly through those books really fast already but I need something a little more meaty with christian emphasis that I can really sit and elaborate with her on. for those subjects mentioned plus maybe geography and history. For abeka art the projects were just so quick and simple and IMO the book was not worth the money. simple is good but I really would like her to spend 30 minutes on art. art does not have to be an official curriculum just any book that other parents like. for an almost 6yo girl. TIA!

Advertisement

cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:50 AM   #2
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: kindergarten help please

why 30 minutes. That a long time for a 5/6 year old. If your looking for something more think more process than "product" so like the process of painting seeing how colors mix what different sizes brushes do etc.. It could mean a big bob of middy brown stokes on a paper that now takes 5 hours to dry instread of a nice pretty purple flower but they are learning and probably get more out of it than "make it pretty".

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

Re: kindergarten help please

30 minutes just for the fun of it. I got some art books on ebay. My only subject left to figure out is math. Anyone know any math program comparable to abeka in kindergarden but not so pricey?
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote