Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #51
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm a Tide Convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBear View Post
I bet you have a top loader, don't you? :sigh: I tried to find the Tide love with my front loader and ended up with horrible build-up even with only using a teeny bit.

You really need to use HE detergent for front loaders. We've been using 7th generation free and clear HE for your front loader but we're about out. I did purchase some HE Tide Free and Clear and some Planet brand as well. I can't wait to test them out too.

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #52
majic2lee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I've used a detergent that's not free and clear since I was a teenager, and non of my LO's have ever used one. Can I use Tide F/C and still have the same result you all are having with regular Tide? Also, I have an older top loader, would you recommend liquid or powder. We're going to cd for the first time with this LO and I want to start out w/ what will work the best. Thanks.
majic2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #53
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

I have been having great results with the Tide Free. I have to use unscented laundry detergents because my husband and I both have eczema that gets exacerbated by fragrance.

Also, a note on how good this stuff is: I washed my dogs' nasty stinky beds in tide, one wash, no extra rinses, and they don't even smell like DOG anymore!!!!!!
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #54
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OK, my question is powder or liquid?

I always use liquid b/c I heard it is more clean rinsing but powder is cheaper, no? I am unsure of what type of water I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovefam6 View Post
I though free and clear detergents put a coating on the dipes. I've always heard Tide regular if you're going that way, which we may, LOL.
That's what I heard too, so I was always scared to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy'n'Kids View Post
Me too! My son had HORRIBLE eczema from the "natural" detergents I was using. Since switching to Tide, he has NO eczema!!!
My ds gets eczema in his diaper are too, so this is good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMondry View Post
One more thing. Do you all use the 2x or 3x detergent. Is that ok to use? Just use less? Cause here in CA, they don't sell any of the original detergents anymore. It's all 2x and 3x.

Thanks!
They should be, it just means they are more concentrated and have less uneccessary water in it.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #55
2by2boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Jennymac83
seller

My Mood:

i am curious about the F&C vs reg for a top loader too. and liquid vs powder. can anyone help?
2by2boutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #56
markswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennymac83 View Post
i am curious about the F&C vs reg for a top loader too. and liquid vs powder. can anyone help?
me too!
markswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #57
AJ'sMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo'smom View Post
I was feeling daring a few nights ago and tried Tide, and much to my surprise my dipes came out with no stains for the first time!!!!! I had been using arm and hammer free and kirklands free brand with oxyclean and had stains every time. Why is tide not recommended by manufacturers of diapers? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, several diaper manufacturers (including FuzziBunz and bumGenius IIRC) do recommend Tide. It's diapering sites that recommend against Tide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmommy75 View Post
What about the rashes and the sensitivities? None of your babies are having a problem? Is the tide for prefolds as well as BGs and HHs and all the other diapers out there?
We have had zero rashes and sensitivity. Before switching DS would be red in the morning from ammonia, but Tide has taken care of that and the redness has disappeared. I am using it on pockets and fitteds with no problems.

Quote:
I think many people like the powder because it's easier to control the amount as opposed to measuring out the liquid version.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #58
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very interesting...I was just wondering what detergent I should try next. My 9 mos old was just "diagnosed" with eczema and of course his ped. asked what detergent we use and when I told her the F&Cs, she said "try tide." She said it doesn't make sense but it seems to help a lot of people with eczema! So I'll be trying that out next week--I'm so excited by the idea of diapers that don't have stink or ammonia--is there really such a thing??
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #59
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
When I had a top loader I used free and clear and the regular and seriously didn't notice a difference other then a prettier scent in the regular. I always used liquid. I don't think it matters.

One thing that everyone needs to remember is the hardness of your water. Tide may still cause build up if you don't use the right amount. If you are starting to get build up just use less detergent and see if it helps. If they are coming out stinky (usully after putting them in the dryer-if you use the dryer) then it could be your not using enough. It is a science figuring out whats best for you. Since everyone has different washers and different hardness of waters there is unfortunately not one good solution for everyone.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #60
glockchick
Registered Users
Formerly: ShannaLeah
seller

My Mood:

Amazing, isn't it?

My preference for my front loader is Tide HE powder. The liquids seem to not rinse as well for me with the free and clear version being the worst of all.

I my Tide.