Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #61
luvmyswissy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I'm a Tide Convert.

Ok so I wasn't able to get the reg tide, but the store had tide free (which is fine cause ds has allergy to phosphates). I used almost to the 1line and wholey smokes that appears to be way too much for my TL. I had to do 1 super wash cycle and 4 reg wash cycles to get all the bubbles out. I will be using less the next time. The dipes seem to be fine out of the dryer...I haven't used any of them yet (I was so excited I washed 7cds which is not quite 1/2 of our stash). I will report back with the results when we use them tomorrow. How many wash/rinses do you normally do with tide?

Dawn

Advertisement

luvmyswissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #62
mygreenbabywv
Registered Users

My Mood:

I also bought some Country Save b/c I heard such good things about it but our fitteds started to smell of urine as soon as DS was wet. Went back to Tide reg HE and it is much better. I did a stripping today just to make sure all is good. It was hard to tell if it was just the detergent though b/c the colberate fitteds (crickett) were new. I also but about 1/2 - 1/3 way to 1 line. I have also used the free and clear type w/ no problems.
mygreenbabywv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #63
lilybear
Registered Users

Wow, I am new to CDing and thought that Tide was not recommended for cloth. I have been using Country Save, but it doesn't always seem to get the stains out. Also, I tried it on our clothes and they didn't look or smell very clean. I would love to use Tide if it is safe for cloth.
lilybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #64
emcamm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
OK, my question is powder or liquid?

I always use liquid b/c I heard it is more clean rinsing but powder is cheaper, no? I am unsure of what type of water I have.
I have Tide HE Liquid and don't like it at all. I hardly use any (Just coated the bottom of the lid) and it took a tonne of washes to get rid of the bubbles. I hear that it's the powder form that is best since there are additives in the liquid.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #65
EcoGlo Minerals
Registered Users
Formerly: KT Naturals
seller

I'm switching to Tide....... I'm so new to CD and use Purex Free/Clear (the only detergent I've tried - with many stinkies and stains) and was about to buy some 'natural' detergent online, but am now going for Tide HE Powder for my top loader.

EcoGlo Minerals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #66
leahcatherinesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy'n'Kids View Post
The liquid has more additives in it- to keep it in liquid form.

I was using natural detergents on our laundry and diapers for a long time... I use organic shampoos, deodorants, etc, so using natural detergents was important to me. But with Planet, Mountain Green, Crunchy Clean, and Simply Clean, I had stains and STINKS in my diapers. And DH's work clothes were stinky and stained after I washed them. I switched to Tide, and everything is CLEAN for the first time in a long time.

Sure... I want natural products whenever possible- as long as they work! But when we're dealing with pee and poop... I want to make sure the diapers are getting CLEAN. Stinky diapers mean there's bacteria and all kinds of yuckiness in there. I think the germs and stinkies and bacteria are probably worse than the additives in the Tide.
I couldn't agree more with this. We tried all the natural detergents and always had stains. Tide solved that problem for us and we've had no buildup issues and have been using it for 22 months now.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #67
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy'n'Kids View Post
So when I was deciding if I'd take the leap to Tide instead of sticking with my other more "diaper safe" detergents, I asked myself this question: Would I rather have a simple wash routine where I use one detergent and it gets my diapers CLEAN, stain- and-stink-free, or would I rather use something milder so I can possibly extend the life of my diapers a little bit?

I chose Tide.
I don't think it does hurt the life of diapers compared to most -- consider that most people using natural detergents need to occasionally use bleach. Or strip. That damages the diapers over time. In over a year of Tide HE powder I've not needed to bleach or strip or do anything of that sort.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #68
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I'm gonna get DH to pick some Tide up on the way home. I'm gonna make him call me in the aisle though to make sure he buys the right kind

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #69
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So no one gets a red enzyme rash?

And we are not supposed to use powder detergent b/c we have a septic tank. What about that?

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #70
gapgirl5
Registered Users
seller

I use regular liquid tide and it works well on my diapers
Mom to DD 4 (8/2007) DD 2 (8/2009) DS 10 months (05/2011), #4 due 11/2012
gapgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote