Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #51
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: January 2019-New Year New chatter

We have an upright freezer, a chest freezer, and then the freezers on the fridges (we have two fridges, a side by side and a regular). So we have quite a bit of freezer space but we also have part of a cow, most of a deer, and a little pig in there, plus I stocked up on turkeys not long ago.... I think I will just do a couple meals and then mostly meats, it would be much more space efficient and I can still make a quick meal that way.

That's terrible about the carrier! Hopefully the company will be helpful!

We are supposed to get a nasty winter storm today. They've predicted that twice already this year and it hasn't happened, but we've already got ice on the ground this morning and are supposed to get a lot more rain, sleet, ice and snow all through today, tonight, and tomorrow so we may actually get it this time.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:03 PM   #52
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Shebby, I have the newer beco, but I'm not sure what to tell you about the older one. On the new one, the straps aren't fixed in place - they can go either way (crossed or straight down). Crossed is definitely much easier to manage and more comfortable. Also there is no infant insert needed now. Lillebaby has quite a few carriers on sale right now for half off or so, but I doubt you can get one by Monday is there anyone you could borrow from until you figure it out?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #53
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've seen lots of lillebaby sales, some buy one get one free! They tempted me even though I already have a SSC so definitely don't need two more lol. I ordered a huge tablecloth to dye and then make a mei tia and ring sling with. Like Theresa I've been a ring sling failure in the past but I wouldn't mind trying again. I've heard so many good things about them, and it's been a long time since I've tried.

We didn't get any snow but lots of ice. We still have power but tons of limbs down all over the place.

Anyone use period panties? I need to size up my unders and was thinking about making the new ones with a little built in sneeze protection or something lol.

I passed the glucose with plenty of room to spare! Woot! Iron is a bit low but nothing horrid.

I think I am going to save up a spring for an open box Bob. We don't have a decent single stroller and I'm thinking it would be amazing for our roads. And as light as my kid are I could throw two in there on long trips if need be since the weight limit is so high.

Anyone have fun weekend plans? I am cooking and will probably sew later but no real plans.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #54
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Well, I was going to do some cooking today and get some meals in the freezer, but instead, I'm going to work. I'm actually sitting at the Chick-fil-A across the street from work waiting for the time to hit 10:30 so I can get a tortilla soup for later. Guess I'll do some cooking tomorrow afternoon between church services.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #55
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh no about the recall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I have known so many people who fail the one hour to pass the 3 hour with flying colors, I am not surprised a doctor would switch everyone to just the 3 hour. It seems to be a more accurate reading. I always failed the one hour, but was never even borderline for the three hour.
They went back to the 1 hour because they were over diagnosing wit the 3 hour. :shrug:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
You can call Chevrolet and ask them for the part numbers. You may have to talk to a couple different people before you find someone who knows what you are talking about. You can also ask on carseatblog's chat forum what the service bulletin is or maybe the part numbers. You local dealer should install them for free or either very little cost.
It took a bit of calling, but my dealer got it no problem, and it doesn't actually install you just clip it, so that's easy.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #56
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I've seen lots of lillebaby sales, some buy one get one free! They tempted me even though I already have a SSC so definitely don't need two more lol. I ordered a huge tablecloth to dye and then make a mei tia and ring sling with. Like Theresa I've been a ring sling failure in the past but I wouldn't mind trying again. I've heard so many good things about them, and it's been a long time since I've tried.

We didn't get any snow but lots of ice. We still have power but tons of limbs down all over the place.

Anyone use period panties? I need to size up my unders and was thinking about making the new ones with a little built in sneeze protection or something lol.

I passed the glucose with plenty of room to spare! Woot! Iron is a bit low but nothing horrid.

I think I am going to save up a spring for an open box Bob. We don't have a decent single stroller and I'm thinking it would be amazing for our roads. And as light as my kid are I could throw two in there on long trips if need be since the weight limit is so high.

Anyone have fun weekend plans? I am cooking and will probably sew later but no real plans.

I have decided to save up for a Baby Jogger. We have a couple major trips coming up this year and next and I think those trips will be worth having that stroller.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #57
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Where did you see buy one get one Lillebaby?
Old 01-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #58
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Where did you see buy one get one Lillebaby?
Pretty sure that sale is over, but it was directly through the website if you want to look in case. They were trying to clear some stuff out to bring in new stuff this year.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #59
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Woot on passing the glucose!

Hi Tshebby! Going to read back about freezing things.

We have what I know think of as a small chest freezer that I keep filling too quickly.

We have a bottom freezer fridge and I think it holds less than my old regular fridge combo.

Another insanely busy week. I just think life here is busier and I either need to adjust or be super diligent about carving out quiet time.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #60
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Pretty sure that sale is over, but it was directly through the website if you want to look in case. They were trying to clear some stuff out to bring in new stuff this year.

I really need a CarryOn. M is too big for the regular size. I have sold or given away all of my carriers except my Moby wrap. If we have a new Chirpy, I will get one then. Meanwhile, I'm watching for a good deal on a CarryOn.