Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #21
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breakfast for 6

I sometimes make baked oatmeal or overnight French toast in a 13x9" casserole. You can also make-ahead English muffin sandwiches with egg, meat, whatever and serve them with fruit.

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #22
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemay View Post
I sometimes do a baked apple pecan oatmeal. We put milk on it and love it!

http://mykitchencraze.com/apple-pecan-baked-oatmeal/

I made this today. HUGE hit! Even with my kid who hates oatmeal. I'm saving this one. Thanks!

I haven't shared, because breakfast draws a blank for me, other than the usual eggs & sides.

Maybe breakfast burritos? They freeze well ahead of time. I'm actually thinking of freezing the sausage/eggs into portions. Non of my kids like the same veggie combos, so maybe this way they can individually add what they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #23
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlitacat View Post
I sometimes make baked oatmeal or overnight French toast in a 13x9" casserole. You can also make-ahead English muffin sandwiches with egg, meat, whatever and serve them with fruit.
I know some people make them and then reheat. I'm going to look into that.

I've made overnight French Toast before and they like it. I'll add it to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
I made this today. HUGE hit! Even with my kid who hates oatmeal. I'm saving this one. Thanks!

I haven't shared, because breakfast draws a blank for me, other than the usual eggs & sides.

Maybe breakfast burritos? They freeze well ahead of time. I'm actually thinking of freezing the sausage/eggs into portions. Non of my kids like the same veggie combos, so maybe this way they can individually add what they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw some breakfast burritos ideas that looked pretty awesome on pinterest. Breakfast quesadillas too.

I like making my own flatbread type tortillas but I would need to make them in advance and then hide them so the kids don't eat them.

Eggs and toppings in pita bread works out nicely too.

Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming. I'm enjoying trying them out. Even got some tater tots which we never have to try one of those casserole things.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:34 PM   #24
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what about breakfast pizza?
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:43 PM   #25
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Baked oatmeal is favorite
I have a premade (I make it) muffin mix that I just add egg and milk (can use almond milk or other substitute) and fruit of choice to and then bake.
Scrambled eggs with ham or sausage or veggies etc...
French toast / French toast bake
Pancakes or waffles using a milk substitute - I premade a mix so it is quick and easy to throw together
Old 03-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #26
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
what about breakfast pizza?
I just saw an idea for this. I'm feeling like I need to step up the dough
making around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraley View Post
Baked oatmeal is favorite
I have a premade (I make it) muffin mix that I just add egg and milk (can use almond milk or other substitute) and fruit of choice to and then bake.
Scrambled eggs with ham or sausage or veggies etc...
French toast / French toast bake
Pancakes or waffles using a milk substitute - I premade a mix so it is quick and easy to throw together
Would you mind sharing your premix. I'm having a hard time finding one I like.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:15 AM   #27
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlitacat View Post
Overnight french toast for breakfast this morning. Good thing because I'm a zombie.

Last edited by Agla; 03-08-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #28
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Saw this breakfast lasagna recipe and thought of this thread instantly. It has cheese but I imagine you could leave it out.

https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/recip...akfast-lasagna
Old 03-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #29
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also saw this cool idea the other day of making a pancake..cake essentially. You use a cookie sheet that has a lip on it and basically make a sheet pancake and then use a pizza cutter to cut it up. I thought it was a smart way to make big batches of pancakes. I always feel like either half the family is done eating before all the pancakes are done or they get cold waiting.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #30
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Saw this breakfast lasagna recipe and thought of this thread instantly. It has cheese but I imagine you could leave it out.

https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/recip...akfast-lasagna
Quote:
I also saw this cool idea the other day of making a pancake..cake essentially. You use a cookie sheet that has a lip on it and basically make a sheet pancake and then use a pizza cutter to cut it up. I thought it was a smart way to make big batches of pancakes. I always feel like either half the family is done eating before all the pancakes are done or they get cold waiting.
Going to try both. Maybe omit the french toast and do a potato layer. I'm weird about sweet and savory breakfast foods mixing. If you pour syrup on my breakfast meat I won't eat them and I was like that before I began watching my sugars. My kids think I'm odd.

I had all the burners going to make pancakes this morning and it was a pain and I set the fire detector off. Not to mention I'm almost out of propane.

Once I get my propane delivery I'm going to try a giant pancake.

I made my pancake batter in the blender. Had to do half at a time but it was so easy I didn't find that a nuisance. So if you haven't tried that, I recommend it. Just put half the liquid in and then put the second half on top of the flour.

Last edited by Agla; 03-12-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote