Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
January 2019-New Year New chatter

Starting a new chatty thread.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January 2019-New Year New chatter

The weather is a bit crazy this year.

It's a balmy 50 something here and last night it was icing. My mil in Arizona is freezing because it's been colder there.

When it rains it gets "sloshy" in the yard but it can subside with just a day or two of sun.

There's a pond/swampy thing next to our property that isn't deep. We've been waiting for it to freeze so we can skate on it but it keeps warming up.

Also someone asked about leaking. I had to sleep on my back. Any pressure and I would leak with two of mine. Not comfortable at all and I walked around smelling sour.

Old 01-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #3
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad your brother os doing better.

Wet here, but nothing like that!

Leaking: wet here but nothing like that also. I agree, sleeping on back. Even on side leaks here. My guy is 6 months but i just within the week stopped pumping before bed. I shove diapers n my shirt at night and morning, but yeah most of my babies I wasn't leaking by 12 weeks.

Got the best gift--my first foster child was with us 15 months, we decided not to adopt (scared) regretted it, tried to get her back, DSS said it was in her best interest to go back with us, told the pre adoptive family then changed their minds because the other family was (understandably!) upset, so she didn't come back to us but it broke our relationship with the family and haven't seen her since (except in public passing twice). We have still always sent birthday and Christmas cards, and a couple years they sent us Christmas photos. Well they moved half way across the country . DS was addressing Christmas cards and sent them one apparently (to their old address here) and I knew it was past any forwarding time, but the PO sent it back to us with their new address stamped on. So we can still send her some love anyway!
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's an awesome gift to be able to keep in touch again.

Glad to hear your brother is doing better.

We stayed up until 3 am. We napped but I'm really hoping no one is expecting me to make dinner especially with leftovers available.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I did leak for a long time with two of my babies. Just on one side though. The one I leaked the longest with was the one I did not breastfeed for over a week. The other time I leaked a long time was with an EBF baby. So I have no advice for that. I just used prefolds all the time at home. And used disposable breast pads also to prevent yeast build up.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:28 AM   #6
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

What are y'all up to today?

Jen-how are the sick ones? Are you down with it or still holding out?

We have new Sunday school classes for the kids starting Sunday. I will be teaching 4th and 5th grade girls. I'm excited.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:23 PM   #7
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
What are y'all up to today?

Jen-how are the sick ones? Are you down with it or still holding out?

We have new Sunday school classes for the kids starting Sunday. I will be teaching 4th and 5th grade girls. I'm excited.
I'm mostly ok. Things are not pleasant here.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:32 AM   #8
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning!

Going to start a productivity thread.

Calling this regrouping Monday. Not planning to leave the house and want to focus on checking in with school work progress. Planning some organization projects for later this week.

How is your Monday?

Old 01-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #9
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I'm mostly ok. Things are not pleasant here.
Any better?
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #10
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post
Any better?
Finally almost all well! I have 1 still down but she's doing a lot better. I actually go to get out of the house today for the first time in a week in a half...only to take a couple of the kids to the eye doctor and run some errands--but hey, at least those two were well enough to go!

I want to get back to our routine so bad. I had been looking forward to that break for a long time and it totally stunk. Now I'm ready to settle in and plow through a ton and try to have most of school done by baby time.

The weather is crazy here. We are going back and forth between regular Jan. weather and very warm--it's 65 today!

Chirpy I know this is old now but we drink milk. It is 2.98/gallon (and that's down a lot) and we go through 6 gallons a week. So $18 bucks a week in milk alone. We don't buy juice or tea.

Also old news, with some of my kids I leaked a lot for a long time and always had to wear a tank/bra/something to bed with pads. And others I didn't leak nearly as much, it's so weird how it can be so different.

I am still sewing like crazy. I am trying to actually use up more fabric than I buy and get some of the things off my I'll-do-that-eventually list. I finished a babywearing jacket today!

I really need to go make supper. Our schedules, including meals, have been so off it's crazy.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote