Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #41
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: January 2019-New Year New chatter

It turned out to be ten ounces of juice which didn't seem bad at all!

Our van has lap belts in some seats that don't lock. I still use the locking clips which are a pain for sure, but thankfully I very rarely have to move seats. I still need to figure out a plan for when baby gets here but I've still got time.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #42
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
I have not gotten the top tether retrofit, how do you go about doing that?

Our lap belts don't lock securely--at least I'm not totally confident in them. I'll have to try the backwards/upside down buckling and see if it helps. The other belts lock, but none of my other kids are in harnessed car seats so I prefer to let them have the shoulder belts. Locking seat belts are so nice for car seats though! Back in the day we had a locking clip to put on the seatbelt (13 years ago) and it was a pain. Locking seat belts seemed like such a luxury after that!

You can call Chevrolet and ask them for the part numbers. You may have to talk to a couple different people before you find someone who knows what you are talking about. You can also ask on carseatblog's chat forum what the service bulletin is or maybe the part numbers. You local dealer should install them for free or either very little cost.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #43
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I've been researching homes in TN and in extreme North MS. I really don't feel like answering to a blessed soul about homeschooling. It would be better in that respect to stay this side of the MS line.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #44
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

I havent read everything to catch up, but I am going to try tonight.

I have a carrier question.... I have an older beco and the straps go from the front, around the shoulder and connect at the rib, but on the same side. The new ones on videos I see show the straps crossing over the back and they look so much easier to get on! With Hazel's floppy head and low tone rom Down Syndrome I struggle to get her in this carrier.

Suggestions?

And I miss you all! Things have been crazy.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #45
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshebby View Post
I havent read everything to catch up, but I am going to try tonight.

I have a carrier question.... I have an older beco and the straps go from the front, around the shoulder and connect at the rib, but on the same side. The new ones on videos I see show the straps crossing over the back and they look so much easier to get on! With Hazel's floppy head and low tone rom Down Syndrome I struggle to get her in this carrier.

Suggestions?

And I miss you all! Things have been crazy.
I don't know anything about that carrier but I'm just excited to 'see' you!!!

We've always used the boba. Of course I've never dealt with a DS kiddo but I have used the carrier from birth on a kiddo, so floppy head. It hasn't been an issue but I'm not sure if there's more to it in your situation.

I've went from cleaning mode to cooking mode. I decided to start working on some freezer meals. Not totally sure what to do because actual meals take up so much room in the freezer for us! So I might do a couple and then precook and portion meat or something? Idk, ideas welcome! I did make a big Mexican casserole to stick in the freezer tonight, but then I had to rearrange to fit it in.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #46
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Precooked and portioned meat and beans are both super useful in my freezer--I try to make a double batch of meat every time I cook up some hamburger and I use it for spaghetti sauce, sloppy joes, taco meat, lots of things. And beans are so nice to have ready, even with the instant pot precooked is still faster and they get into more meals that way. Can you do non-freezer mixes? Like pancake mix, etc. Those make life easier too (if you'll use them).

Welcome back Shebby! I have no idea about the carrier, have you tried lengthening the side straps on yours and crossing in the back? It might work with yours too.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #47
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
Precooked and portioned meat and beans are both super useful in my freezer--I try to make a double batch of meat every time I cook up some hamburger and I use it for spaghetti sauce, sloppy joes, taco meat, lots of things. And beans are so nice to have ready, even with the instant pot precooked is still faster and they get into more meals that way. Can you do non-freezer mixes? Like pancake mix, etc. Those make life easier too (if you'll use them).

Welcome back Shebby! I have no idea about the carrier, have you tried lengthening the side straps on yours and crossing in the back? It might work with yours too.

This carrier is stationary, like attached so I can not criss cross them. I am wondering now if that is a design change for newer carriers? I have such a hard time getting her in and adjusting all the straps to fit and change between front and back (when i carried Lilly). It just now dawned on me that it might be a carrier problem, not a user problem because I Watched another video trying to find an easier way to get her in! I am also having trouble with her being too tall to have head support if she is on the infant bolster seat thing. I just stink at carrying all around i think.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #48
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I don't know anything about that carrier but I'm just excited to 'see' you!!!

We've always used the boba. Of course I've never dealt with a DS kiddo but I have used the carrier from birth on a kiddo, so floppy head. It hasn't been an issue but I'm not sure if there's more to it in your situation.

I've went from cleaning mode to cooking mode. I decided to start working on some freezer meals. Not totally sure what to do because actual meals take up so much room in the freezer for us! So I might do a couple and then precook and portion meat or something? Idk, ideas welcome! I did make a big Mexican casserole to stick in the freezer tonight, but then I had to rearrange to fit it in.

I precook my meat, when possible. Brown ground beef with onion and garlic and freeze in ball jars. I also portion out burgers and freeze. Make meatballs and freeze. And meatloafs all mixed up.

We also run two chest freezers and our fridge freezer so we have quite a bit of freezer space for our family size. Could you consider another freezer? Maybe a stand up one with shelves like a file cabinet of dinners?!?!
Old 01-10-2019, 11:14 PM   #49
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I didn't use a carrier until close to a year. Up to that point, I used a ring sling. Specifically a Maya Wrap, though I doubt it matters. It worked great for head support.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:01 AM   #50
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

I COMPLETELY failed any sling wraps. I don't know how I can be so bad at it! I think my boobs always feel like they are going to smother the baby if I get it tight enough to support baby.

So, doing more research trying to figure out how to get a more secure hold with my Beco, I found out the carrier I bought on here was recalled in 2008 😡. I am super screwed now. I am going to try to reach out to the company I guess and see if they have any suggestions other than toss it. I have a friend who will loan me a moby for now. I was really needing something to wear baby while I teach. Back to school on monday!