Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Warm-weather sleeping?

Up here in northern climes, we don't get much in the way of warm weather, so we're just now dealing with this.

Anyway, how do you dress your DC to sleep in warm weather? It's been quite warm during the day (mid 80s) and our bedroom gets really hot (no AC ). I've been putting her down in a onesie because it's so hot when she goes to bed, but when the temp drops, that's not warm enough, and I don't want to wake her to get her into a sleepsack or anything. I don't know if I want to put a blanket in with her, though... Thoughts?

Advertisement

KristieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Warm-weather sleeping?

We've been putting our ds who is 5 1/2 months to bed in a onesie and socks. We also have his fan on and he never seems cold. Sometimes when he wakes up his legs are a little chilly, but he never cries or seems bothered by it. If we forget to put socks on him though he gets much colder and his little feet are like ice cubes. Another option would be the thinner cotton sleepers. Like this: http://www.target.com/Gerber-3pk-Sle...%20play&page=1 We sometimes put ds in those if it's a cooler night, but he seems fine in just the onesie.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I do just a diaper during summer months. It works great for us.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We've always just done a diaper or perhaps a tank-top or cotton shirt on top. They have never gotten too cold. Right now we have our AC set at 79 and the 2 yr old sleeps with just her diaper and tank top and is comfortable.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

When DD was young, last summer, we let her sleep in just a onesie most nights... it gets fairly warm in her room and there is no A/C in there, so she would be fine. She prefers less clothing when she can (car ride in the middle of December and she didn't even want a hoodie on, it was too warm).
I can't remember if we would cover her with a thin receiving blanket or not. She would have been 7 months old last June.

This year, she goes to bed in 2 piece PJ's... we have some that are long sleeved/pants, some that are short sleeve/pants, and some short sleeved/shorts. She has a real comforter on her bed, but rarely sleeps under it.. it's more for decoration She has about 6 receiving blankets on her bed now (she pulls them out of the drawer herself, and I let her keep them on her bed until laundry day). At night I let her fall asleep however she wants (sometimes she covers herself with a receiving blanket, sometimes not) and then when I go to bed, I tuck her in and usually cover her with a blanket, even if it gets tossed shortly after.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm. I'll try the onesie and socks thing--thanks for the idea! It's about 85 out now and probably 90 in our room , and part of the challenge is that we have the blackout curtains closed at night for DD because it's light until almost 10pm, and then the door closed to keep the noise from the rest of the house out, all which really holds the heat in. But when we go to bed around 10, we open the window, which really cools things down (we leave a fan going in there 24/7 when it's hot). Last night the low was around 60, and it probably got that cold in our room.

Aaaahhh, summer.

Thank you all!
KristieW is offline   Reply With Quote