Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #41
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

I know. I said that in my post...
Sorry it sounded more like you were adding to the group of those saying its possible to have multiples and no saggy skin or stretch marks. Nothing to SYH about!

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #42
amandamcgrady
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nadia sulemon octomom and her stretchmarks

I had stretch marks on my inner thighs at the age of 11!!!! I specifically remember because I was a JC Penny model at the time. Yeah, it's genetics. Wasn't even FAT and I had stretch marks. :-)
amandamcgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #43
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post

I have plenty of saggy skin postpartum! I'm just lucky in that exercising has gotten rid of it so far. And I'm not testing that luck by having any more babies! As for the stretch marks... I'm calling genetics on that one. My mom didn't get any with her pregnancies either. The one good thing I got from the gene pool .
I'm going to need you to have some research done and let me borrow some genes. For the sake of my jeans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #44
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

I'm going to need you to have some research done and let me borrow some genes. For the sake of my jeans.

I will gladly undergo some kind of genectomy. Maybe they can remove that one and give it to you. I won't be needing it anymore
Old 04-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #45
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post

I will gladly undergo some kind of genectomy. Maybe they can remove that one and give it to you. I won't be needing it anymore
See, you /say/ that...

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #46
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

See, you /say/ that...

Watch your mouth, lady! Four is enough. A fifth will make me turn to alcohol.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #47
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamcgrady View Post
I had stretch marks on my inner thighs at the age of 11!!!! I specifically remember because I was a JC Penny model at the time. Yeah, it's genetics. Wasn't even FAT and I had stretch marks. :-)
That's when I started getting them. My inner thighs and hips and the top of my breasts. One of the worst memories of my childhood was when I was in a bikini bathing suit (tank top style top and full coverage bottom, so modest) and thought I looked good and my uncle's exW made a comment about how I was too young to have them. Shattered my self confidence and I was always so self conscious after that about my body. I was an 11yo girl. I still feel so sad thinking about it. I looked good, I know that now. So, even if you ever see stretch marks on a girl, don't EVER make comments! I wasn't fat, at all, not even really chunky but I had curves even then. I hope my girls don't start getting them so young. Even if they do I will do whatever I can to make them feel good about their bodies in a healthy way.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #48
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23kids

That's when I started getting them. My inner thighs and hips and the top of my breasts. One of the worst memories of my childhood was when I was in a bikini bathing suit (tank top style top and full coverage bottom, so modest) and thought I looked good and my uncle's exW made a comment about how I was too young to have them. Shattered my self confidence and I was always so self conscious after that about my body. I was an 11yo girl. I still feel so sad thinking about it. I looked good, I know that now. So, even if you ever see stretch marks on a girl, don't EVER make comments! I wasn't fat, at all, not even really chunky but I had curves even then. I hope my girls don't start getting them so young. Even if they do I will do whatever I can to make them feel good about their bodies in a healthy way.
That story makes me so sad.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #49
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23kids

What a B! My sister has stretch marks from her pregnancies (4 kids, one set of twins that were over 7 lbs each!), and she is proud of her marks. I love her confidence.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #50
beckyc
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23kids View Post

My dd2 is a little chunky and I AM worried about her getting stretch marks while growing up. I just dont know if there is ANYWAY to convince a teen/pre-teen that stretch marks arent disgusting..at an age when having zits and freckles mean the end of world.
beckyc is offline   Reply With Quote