Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
mrswags
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What's in your stash/If you had to do it all over again

DS is 12 months, 21 lbs and we're in mostly SposoEasy's & BumWare Extremes. I tried gDiapers, prefolds w/ covers and prefolds in the gDiapers, Snugglebottoms with velcro & covers, a couple other fitteds, and quite a few different AIOs.

I liked the snugglebottoms but no one else (grandma, dad or babysitter) really wanted to use them. In the end, I found having a stash of AIOs worked best for us because then no one would avoid diaper duty. (More expensive, I know - but they get used rather than sitting in the drawer gathering dust.) We also still use the gDipes with flushies occasionally when DS gets a rash and needs diaper cream.

I agree that the trying things out was annoying. I hate that I've spent money on things that didn't work for us. When I move up a size, I plan to have a simple stash of just one or two diaper styles - probably sposo's & BMX.

Oh, and I'll go snap rather than velcro - I hate velcro in the wash! I'm so glad they introduced a snap BMX!!

Advertisement

mrswags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didn't start with cloth until DS was almost 12 months. We only cloth part time since DS is with a sitter all week.

-20 Cloth Diaper Wholesale OS
-8 Coolababy OS
-8 BG OS (1 green, 1 yellow, 3 pink, and 4 white)
-6 flannel RRP
-2 WAHM fitted
-8 premium prefolds
-3 covers
-2 fleece longies
-2 wool longies
-1 nonwool crochetted longies

We use mostly the pockets, BG are used at night, then we use the Coolababy and Cloth Diaper Wholesale diapers interchangably during the weekend days and every evening. We use the insert provided with the diapers and a microfiber cloth from Costco.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #13
GraceDancer
when Grace dances, I should dance
seller

My Mood:

We're trying to decide for our next little one -

We're considering preemie prefolds and covers (if we have another tiny baby) until she fits into Sandy's smalls.

ME Sandy's have ended up being some of my faves!

My favorite covers have been Imse Vimse.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #14
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

I have tried a little of everything, and wasted/loss so much $$$ buying and selling diapers for less than I paid. I am happy with my LL flats and PFs.

If I had it to do over, I would save money by having only bought prefolds and flats.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #15
sk8rboismom
Registered Users

My Mood:

If I had it to do over...I'd know that DD would develop a sensitivity to PUL and wouldn't have to be putting a whole bunch up for sale
She's now 7 months.

I love fitteds, and would have figured out that making them is fun and relatively simple Same goes for using recycled wool and fleece to make longies, shorties and soakers!
So, I'd have all mama-made covers and dipes, with a handful of B4s for night (this is what we use, though I've made a couple that could go through the night) and prefolds just because I like 'em.

Getting a snap press and learning to sew has been great, and now people are asking to buy my stuff (which is just too cool, given that I've never been 'crafty').

Check out my website at http://mommybutstillme.com
sk8rboismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #16
lashon20
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For my son and daughter I have:

30 various fitteds (Scuttlebutts, GM, Kiwi Pie, Patooshie Pants, CB, NRSS)

2 gro baby shells with 4 four soakers

11 BG Organic Aios

2 BG 3.0 pockets

27 Various prefolds from LLs and GMD

If I had to do it all over again I would've bought, prefolds, BG organic aios, and various Bamboo fitteds. I think I've wasted so much money having to redo my stash and finding out what works for my children.
lashon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like my current stash, ds is almost 7 months and >18 lbs.

-15 usable ub gmd lt brown/ll seconds, although the 15" fit better than the 16" length
-12 ll flats, use with preemie prefolds and 2 hemp doublers
-14 gmd reds (bleached and unbleached) for trifolding
-2 iv lg, 1 iv med
-2 dappi nylon med
-2 bsww med
-disana lg + loveybums lg interlock for night
-loveybums crepe and interlock med for day
-5 bgoso (3 aplix, 2 snap)
-1 med sposo (for diaper bag)

Its a lot, almost too dizzying in the combos of diaper/cover. I sometimes wish I could streamline, but I don't know what I'd give up. I wish I had gotten some of the gmd lt brown bleached, the ll seconds are ok but really variable in size and its frustrating! I LOVE the sized prefolds and like using multiple sizes at one time, but want to grab one serging color and know how it will fit. I have to say too, the dappis are our favorite covers right now, so trim while the browns are still a little bulky on ds and his belly gets rubbed when he sits. And I really like the bgoso snaps... I also love the flats, they are great for in between sizes, but prefolds are faster to use.

Last edited by thinkingahead; 05-02-2009 at 07:17 AM.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #18
joeymomrn
Registered Users

My Mood:

my stash is mostly bg os 3.0 pockets and a few fitteds of different brands. One thing for sure I would do if I had to start over.....I would buy lots of kiwi pie os bamboo (I love these cd's) and a lot LESS bg's!!

Jeanine Catholic, wife to dh (4-28-07), semi-nonvaccing, NFP, home schooler, mommy to J (9-12-08) B (12-9-11) and due 4-28-13 with #3
joeymomrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #19
Kathy66
Registered Users
seller

I have about 21 MEOS, mostly bamboo, with some unbleached and colors thrown in, oh and three OC ones that I use at night. Some have the snap in liners, some don't.

I also have about 8 Sandies(4 bamboo, 1 OC, 3 colors)

4 BGOS Organic Cotton

4 ME Airflow Covers(my main covers), 1 Thirsites Cover that I never use, 2 wool interlock soakers and some wool and fleece shorties.

I have bought and sold a lot and lost some $$$, but all in all it was fun experimenting and now I feel really happy with what I have.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #20
ttmomma
Registered Users
Formerly: ree**23
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2gr8kids78 View Post
"...If anyone can recommend a GREAT pocket diap to try, I'd be interested! I HATE BG!
Mandi's Menagerie on HC and Snap-Ez Eco's

Recovering CD addict & momma to DS, who refuses to wear CD's no matter how fluffy
ttmomma is offline   Reply With Quote