Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
majomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith

Thanks! Good to know for when I finally get to start using mine. Where are you November?!
Aww..a new squishy in November? Congratulations!! The squishy stage is my favorite!!

Advertisement

majomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majomama

Aww..a new squishy in November? Congratulations!! The squishy stage is my favorite!!
Thank you! I can't wait. It will be my first time using cloth though so I'm trying to be prepared before I have to be.

I'm a big fan of vinegar for everything since I'm allergic to cleaners, glad to know I can use it on my diapers! Is it safe on bamboo too??
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #13
hippolove
Registered Users

Re: Vinegar..I <3 Vinegar

thanks for posting this. I'm new to CD and this is a great tip
hippolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #14
figmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Vinegar..I <3 Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by majomama View Post
I have read that as well but I have super hard water and have been using vinegar for the last few washes and NO AMMONIA!!!
I had no idea that my mf inserts should not smell like ammonia...I just assumed that it was normal. It's been awesome changing her night time diaper and not having it smell in the am!!
I JUST came on here to post about our nasty stinky ammonia diapers in the morning...it was so bad this morning that tonight I used a leftover-from-camping-trip sposie that we had in the house.
SO- I'm going to try vinegar and more soap. I think the microfiber insert under his pf might have been the culprit. My hemp inserts might be holding smell too.
Does anyone have ammonia stink issues with natural fibers???- I use mostly cotton prefolds and bamboo fitteds at night and the stench is still horrible in the morning. We co-sleep, so I need a solution fast or I will be using a disposable every night cause I can't take it anymore! The wool covers we use are holding stench too I think. Any help for that?
Sorry I'm hijacking the thread now...
figmama is offline   Reply With Quote