Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I have a bladder infection at 6wks

This is probably a silly question, but here goes anyway.

I have a history of recurrent bladder infections. However, even though this is my 4th pregnancy (technically 5th), I've never had one while pregnant. I think I have one now...along with the yeast I'm fighting from the antibiotic I took for the strep I had last week. I can go to the urgent care tonight, but I feel like I should go to my OB. I know bladder infections while pregnant are not a good thing. However, I'm only 6wks. So, I really don't think it is that big a deal other than being in pain. My OB is an hour away and my urgent care clinic is 5 minutes away. I might have to take all 5 of my kids with me to the OB, but I could go to the urgent care after my husband gets home from work.

Here is the big clencher...I'm pregnant through my last FET cycle (a frozen IVF cycle). It *might* be twins, my 3rd set. My betas indicate it might be. But, I haven't had an u/s yet. If I go to the OB, he might do a quick u/s. If I go to the urgent care, they won't. I am dying to know how many babies I have in there!!!! This would be a sneaky way to get one early!

So, I guess my question is: Is is silly to feel like I need to go to the OB for a bladder infection at 6wks? Would they think I should be there or at my primary care dr? (I don't have one, so it would be the urgent care.)

Sorry, that was long.

Update: Going to urgent care tonight.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote