Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What is it about BGE...

that everyone loves??

And if you DON'T love them, why not?!?

Greengranny, from my iPhone app

Advertisement

Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love them because they are trim and absorbent. Two of mine did get tiny holes but Cotton Babies exchanged them with a receipt, no questions asked.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What is it about BGE...

I like them because they're trim but I never use mine. I like DD to have a stay dry material next to her skin. Honestly, mine have been just sitting here for a few months. Maybe I should list them FSOT.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
french-kissed
Registered Users
seller

So trim and soft! I wish I'd gotten them earlier. For four months I stuffed pockets with microfiber... I shudder at the memory. No more stuffing!
french-kissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is the OS an issue? At what size did they really start fitting well? And what are they made of?

Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
Old 08-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I seem to have a love hate relationship with my BGEs. They are trim and absorbent but I hate how it's not stay dry.

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think they are pretty trim for a OS and fit earlier than other OS dipes, but of course the older the kiddo the more trim the dipe. I love that they are super absorbent, cotton, and trim. I would think you could use these around 12 lbs, maybe a bit sooner. They are awesome and reliable dipes.

The only con IMO is that they take a while to dry. Not a big deal to me since I wash/dry at night, or leave outside all day. They aren't stay dry, but we dont need that here.

They are made of organic cotton, definitely worth getting one to try.

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #8
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Like others, trim and absorbent. These are my most dependable diapers. I never have to worry when we're out in these unless I accidentally leave it on too long or I forgot how much dd had to drink. It's the diaper I've consistently used since I began cloth diapering too, I always stick with it.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengranny View Post
Is the OS an issue? At what size did they really start fitting well? And what are they made of?

I really disliked them (and couldn't understand why everyone loved them) until DD was about 9 months. That was when she fit into them beautifully and they were trim on her. Before that they were pretty bulky on her. Not bad bulky....but not AIO trim. They are organic cotton and that's why I LOVE them. I'll take natural fibers over stay dry any day of the week! I change DD every time she's wet so I don't need stay dry.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well these might be something to consider for when dgs outgrows his small Nana's Bottoms. I already have some medium NB too for him, but a OS might be doable at that point. My dd doesn't want to use them while he's small.