Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
lotsofsweetkids
Registered Users

My Mood:
Feels good on itchy dry scalp to.

Advertisement

lotsofsweetkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Lillikin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What should I do with my CJs Butter?

If she is old enough to do this- you could apply at night a good amount to her hands and put socks on over. I grew up with eczema and had to do this many times. She probably won't like it at first but once she sees it making a difference she won't mind as much.

Mine will still flair up if I don't use a soap-free cleanser. Dove sensitive bodywash is great and the first one with mild scent that I've had in a long time. I use it on my 10mo old as she seems to have the same tendency.
Lillikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could try it as a wood polish. There is a wood conditioner that has very similar ingredients to CJ's, that was started as a foot cream. If you have old furniture it may do wonders.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillikin View Post
If she is old enough to do this- you could apply at night a good amount to her hands and put socks on over. I grew up with eczema and had to do this many times. She probably won't like it at first but once she sees it making a difference she won't mind as much.

Mine will still flair up if I don't use a soap-free cleanser. Dove sensitive bodywash is great and the first one with mild scent that I've had in a long time. I use it on my 10mo old as she seems to have the same tendency.
We've tried. She sucks her thumb and socks over her hands down work. I've tried wet wraps and wraping cotton around her hand leaving he thumb free and she ripped those off as well. She's 3.5 years old. There's some reasoning with her we can do, but only to a point.

She also has a patch on the top of one of her feet and she insists that socks make it worse. Today she pulled off her shoes and socks in the car. Put her shoes back on sockless and refused to put her socks back on. I would imagine the shoe rubbing on the eczema would be uncomfortable but she swears socks are worse.

I'm in the process of switching cleansers for her. I've tried dove (it was bar form though) in the bath but then she got it in her eyes and it went bad. She and her brother bathe together so there's playing as well as washing involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmsrk View Post
You could try it as a wood polish. There is a wood conditioner that has very similar ingredients to CJ's, that was started as a foot cream. If you have old furniture it may do wonders.
Interesting! I wonder if the wood would absorb the scent?
Old 08-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimon View Post
I bought it for her eczema.

I could use it on DS bottom but we really don't use much cream and I have others I use already for him.

I tried a small amount (pea sized) on my hands and I'm still trying to rub the greasy away 15 minutes later. It's really not absorbing.
In my experience even a pea sized amount is too much just for hands. A tiny bit goes a long way, you probably only need a swipe.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #16
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely agree that a little goes a long way! If you really hate the smell, you could try swapping with other mamas. Monkey Farts is one of my favorites and we use a lot of cjs for rashes (not diaper, but sensitive skin), so I bet there's more like me(:
Old 08-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #17
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimon View Post

Interesting! I wonder if the wood would absorb the scent?
My guess is that it would just fade with time so it would not bother you for long.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #18
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dove and eczema do not mix well. For soap use this or just the one that is wash without shampoo whichever http://www.eucerinus.com/products/aq...d-shampoo.html Can be bought anywhere. I see your in Canada so not sure where it is available to you. Amazon has it. I usually buy mine there. Also Aquaphor in the jar here this stuff is great for eczmea! http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/pr...&cvsfhu=383332

3 of my kids including my 4month old have eczema with my 3 & 4DD having severe and get flare-ups ( Once I started this wash we have not had a flare-up yet almost a year now for my 2DD and 3DD. I just bought CJ's and received it yesterday. I used it last night and no reaction!! Yay! But FYI for super sensitive eczema prone skin needs to have unscented everything. Anything in the bath water can produce the eczema and colder/dryer weather it's usually the worst. Things like shampoo and conditioner will set it off. So you may have to keep switching till you find something to keep it all away. I also will let my kids play in the tub first and right before they get out I use the soap /shampoo/conditioner and rinse them off. Then they get out right away. I noticed a big difference in the patch that was on my 3D's ankle that would just not go away. These are all things my Pediatrician recommended and all have worked very well.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

A pea sized amount is too much...a very tiny swipe off the top is all you need...if it's not enough you can always get a tiny bit more. As for washes, have you tried the Suave for kids? they have a Free & clear version that has a shampoo/conditioner mixture that doesn't have fragrances and such...I also used it as the body wash. It came in a white bottle with blue writing...I think there was a polar bear on it too...don't remember exactly. It's inexpensive too. It worked well when my YDD was having eczema breakouts...don't ask me how, but somehow she outgrew her egg allergy and eczema around 15 months old. I'm clueless on that one but not complaining LOL. I still get the Suave Clear when I can find it...Wal-mart carries it sporadically so when I needed it regularly, I would buy a couple bottles at a time whenever they had it in stock so I didn't run out and not be able to get it easily. I also did the same as a PP...let the girls play in the tub for a while then wash their hair and bathe them and get them out immediately after.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

my 5 month old has severe eczema and see's a derm on a regular basis. cetaphil restoraderm is highly recomended, but I use the regular cetaphil in bar form because it's cheaper. cetaphil restoraderm has a soap and a lotion.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote