Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper pails

I use a planet wise hanging wet bag, and I love it. I used to use a diaper pail with a cloth pail liner, but I just found it annoying. Somehow it's easier to just use the wetbag. You can hang it anywhere and it looks kind of cute. I leave it halfway unzippered to help prevent ammonia buildup and stink, and it never smells.

Advertisement

SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #12
jjgm
Registered Users

We bought a trash bin with a lid that closes well and then use a big wahm bag like a trash bag. We have two wahm bags so we always have one during the wash
jjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
brje0405
Registered Users
seller

I prefer the swing-top pail with a liner from 529Baby (Hyena Cart). Get 2 lines so you can rotate on wash day!
brje0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use a bucket with a lid... does the job really well - and to help with smell, I do a quick rinse of the bucket with baking soda once a week...
Co-owner of 'Mums & Bums' - coming soon!
Mum2Gaby&Emersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
2girlsandacat
Registered Users
Formerly: khailas_mom

My Mood:

so the baking soda trick really works? if i sprinkle a bit of baking soda inside the wetbag, would it ruin cloth diapers?
2girlsandacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
DiaperPalz
Registered Users
Formerly: cjspears26
seller
seller

I offer really affordable pail liners and wet bags mamas! Link is in my siggy plus you canuse the code dsmama for 20% off.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrie26
the wetbags are just plain PUL right? dont they peel off (the laminate) easily when thrown in the wash just like that?
I have had several wet bags, knickerknapies (sp?) (bag that hung from the door knob), homemade bags (with zippers), & bummis (large purple bag). I have been CDing for 3 years straight (2 different kids) & just had to toss my first knickerknapies bag & homemade bag because they started peeling. The other bags (purchased 1-2 years ago) are doing fine so far.

I did have issues with stink recently, but that's because I was only washing every 4-5 days & my diapers were organic AIO's, so they just weren't getting clean enough. Washing every other day is best, IMO.

Best wishes on your baby & new journey with CDing!!!
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #18
kristen121
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use a pail liner in a lidded trash can. The smell usually isn't too bad, I can only smell it when I open the pail, but they do kind of stink. The last few days I have been sprinkling some baking soda on top of the night time diaper when i put it in the pail in the morning. It seems to be helping.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 AM   #19
2girlsandacat
Registered Users
Formerly: khailas_mom

My Mood:

thanks, momma! we're quite excited

ill try the baking soda trick if my pail starts to stink up. i plan on using a tin trash bin lined with a wetbag. but i do plan on doing the laundry every other day. of course, this is just a "plan", im not entirely sure how or what actually would happen when baby comes out. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy View Post
I have had several wet bags, knickerknapies (sp?) (bag that hung from the door knob), homemade bags (with zippers), & bummis (large purple bag). I have been CDing for 3 years straight (2 different kids) & just had to toss my first knickerknapies bag & homemade bag because they started peeling. The other bags (purchased 1-2 years ago) are doing fine so far.

I did have issues with stink recently, but that's because I was only washing every 4-5 days & my diapers were organic AIO's, so they just weren't getting clean enough. Washing every other day is best, IMO.

Best wishes on your baby & new journey with CDing!!!
2girlsandacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #20
nature chic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found that my strategy on this keeps changing as his diapers changed-- for example with EBF poo a hanging wetbag worked great, no stink etc and I washed every 2-3 days. Once he started solids and the diapers were stinkier in general I used an old bucket with a lid and then used some baking soda to wash out the bucket when I washed. In the summer I even needed to pre-rinse them really well before they just sat in a hot bucket, so you may need to use the old fashioned trial and error method til you catch your stride. I find so many people stress about this part of CD'ing and I don't think it's a big deal at all! Good luck to you!
Married to my best friend since 95-- Mommy of DS #1Avery 9/00, DD #1 Natalie 12/02, DD #2 Emma 3/04 via stork from Korea in 05 and DS#2 Alan 11/10--new to CD'ing and open to input--Not ashamed of Jesus, my Savior.
nature chic is offline   Reply With Quote