Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2017, 06:36 AM   #21
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBooBear
Idk about pink eye but I have used it for a clogged tear duct that was making my babies eye all goopy and irritated. It's apparently a common remedy for that.
I've done this a few times. Not sure how well it worked but I felt like I was doing something.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2017, 06:58 AM   #22
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weird Remedies that work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I am so sorry you have to deal with parotitis but I would not be mad if candy was the cure to my illness.

Ive also heard warm jello helps tremendously with a sore throat...I have never tried it because I think the consistency would make me seriously gag.

Also banana peels on plantars warts is supposed to help but DH was too stubborn to let me test it out. Although banana peels are also supposed to help whiten teeth and clean foggy headlights...seriously what is in a banana peel that makes it magic?
I had never heard of warm jello or the banana peel thing. How do you whiten teeth just rub it on there?

This actually worked for us when we tried it. For a throwing up kid that isn't able to keep even fluids down: warm sweetened tea. It supposedly tricks the body into not heaving it back up. Once we got that in it seemed to give him enough a reprieve to get some rest and finally get regular fluids in.

As mentioned tumeric has all kind of medicinal qualities.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dirt helps hair grow.

Okay diatomaceous earth. But it does taste just like dirt. And it is working for me. No overnight miracles or anything. Took months but my hair is finally growing back. As is my sister's hair. Her hair responsed faster than mine. But then, her hair had only within the last couple of years begun to thin. Mine I lost 75% of my hair the first year after ds2 was born. So 5 years for me. The new hair is still only about 2 inches long but I cannot see such a defined line where my hair parts.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #24
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I had never heard of warm jello or the banana peel thing. How do you whiten teeth just rub it on there?
Yeah apparently you just rub the inside on your teeth.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #25
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
urine to get rid of warts! I haven't been successful at it yet though. I'm also trying the TTO instead for the moment.
Duct tape works to kill warts. Keep the duct tape on it for several days, changing it daily. It really works!
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote