Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #251
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's Basically FYNN'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Yes, I'm quite obsessed. Have you seen my bags that I already have w/ that fabric tif?

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #252
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
It's the bag and the yarn.
Oh... my bad Makes sense then

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #253
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Ok, I'm back. Full of crabcakes. Yum. Glad I made that double batch and froze them last week.

I remember now something I was gonna say about an earlier post. Melissa, I think it was Cecelia that just went through the whole gall bladder thing, she got tested and if I remember right will have to have surgery. There is an ultrasound to check for gallstones, and another test that checks actual gall bladder function. It is not uncommon to have gall bladder problems when you are a woman who has had multiple children, evidently, especially if you have family history of it. I'd PM her, she will be able to tell you about what to eat and what all the treatment options are since I'm sure the tests would be astronomical for someone with no insurance.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sadieandbean View Post
Not caught up, but wanted to share my

Sounds just like my gall bladder issues as well. Mine started a few weeks after Julia was born. I'd get very debilitating abdominal pain (within the rib cage from about bra band to belly button) that would become tolerable enough to sleep with the pain meds leftover from Julia's delivery - it always happened in the middle of the night. Then it happened immediately following dinner while my parents were visiting - to the point that I actually vomited 3 times. After being sick the first time, my parents insisted I go to the ER so I did. After my stomach was emptied, I was fine, but I went to the ER anyway because I don't think my dad would have turned around anyway. They suspected gall bladder immediately, and I had an u/s to check for gall stones and a HIDA scan to check the function the following Friday. The next Monday they told me that my gall bladder was functioning at 2% (normal is ~60%, and they suggest removal at 35%). My pre-op is this Monday, 9/13, and on Monday, 9/20 I'll have my gall bladder removed. It is to the point that I have pain every evening and take ibuprofen before bed every night to ensure that I can sleep. Thanks to a hospital birth and the ER visit and resulting tests, I've met my oop for insurance for this year and will have zero oop for the surgery. It makes sense financially to do it now, and I don't see it getting better. The tests were expensive, and I had to pump and dump for 24 hours after, but I personally needed to know. I'll miss 5 days of work for the outpatient surgery, but my parents will be here part of the time and MIL is coming to help for over a week as well.

Melissa, I know that it's a hard choice either way so I hope you can find a solution that works for you and your family.
Thanks. I'm not sure what we're going to do right now.
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #254
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and my sling arrived the other day from sevenslings.com—the same company as Udder Covers. It's like a Peanut Shell without the pocket and since I only paid shipping for it, it's quite nice. I hip-carried Elisha all afternoon in it and we both did well. He just gnawed on the closest seam and made the whole thing soaking wet. Oh, and stuck a hand down my shirt at any opportunity. Cheeky monkey.

letterpress printer + graphic designer open for business - my portfolio
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #255
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends what you want to do with them, Beth. You could even split them 3 and 1, and then use the bigger lot to make a sweater or larger project.

Melissa. Please please try and see a doc if you think that's what it is.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #256
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
Yes, I'm quite obsessed. Have you seen my bags that I already have w/ that fabric tif?
No! But you should share!

I haven't showed off my new purse/diaper bag yet, have I? It's not in that fabric, but it's still delicious.

letterpress printer + graphic designer open for business - my portfolio
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #257
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

show us the bags ladies!!!!

Beth I am with Mel what are you planning to do with the yarn. Your semi solids are fantastic!
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #258
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, it's to stock, Mel, so I'm just trying to decide what would sell best.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #259
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I saw a meitei on fsot with the fabric the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftysmith View Post
Oh, and my sling arrived the other day from sevenslings.com—the same company as Udder Covers. It's like a Peanut Shell without the pocket and since I only paid shipping for it, it's quite nice. I hip-carried Elisha all afternoon in it and we both did well. He just gnawed on the closest seam and made the whole thing soaking wet. Oh, and stuck a hand down my shirt at any opportunity. Cheeky monkey.
So... If you get sick of it before say, February 6th, can I have it?

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #260
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Beth then I would do two of each. Most of the time I see people looking for 2
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote