Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
jaxoncasemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
C/S #2

Hello all!

Let me explain, my first C-Section was an emergency and I was only half awake through it, don't remember recovery and finally start having memories when I was back in my room. The c/s saved mine and my little man's life and for that I will be forever greatful.

However, now I am going to be having a scheduled C-section in January and I am worrying over many things. I'm worried how much worse my scar will be (not that it's terrible...but well you girls understand). I am worried about how much pressure I'll feel...will I be awake (and remember).

How was anyone's experience with the scheduled #2 section? Just wanting to hear some advice and things for how to handle this one?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: C/S #2

I have had 3 C-sections. To be honest I think being awake is highly overrated. I slept through my first 2 births. Sheer exhaustion not general anesthesia. My 3rd one I was awake for. Now his birth took them an hour(according to my records) to cut him out not including sewing me up so maybe that was why I hated it so?. Not sure, but I do remember wishing I was asleep through it all. It didn't hurt during the surgery. I did feel some pulling and tugging but no pain. Most don't take that long though so your experience is likely to be better than mine. I mean other than that his birth and recovery was the best of all 3 of my children.

As for the scarring, even after 3 C-sections I wouldn't consider them to be bad at all. My mother's stretch marks look many times worse than my C-section scars do.

Recover after a second C-section is often easier than the first time around. My theory on this one is your body has some idea what to expect and so do you. I strongly recommend having someone home to help out when you come home from the hospital if your husband cannot be home with you.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I've had four c/s, one was emergency and the other three were scheduled repeats.

I've been awake for all four and i wouldn't have it any other way. I loved that my dr would walk me through what he was doing and I was getting as much of the full experience as possible.

As for the scar, it's not any worse now after four than it was after the first.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
jaxoncasemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much! I'm worried about this one so much, I guess because I didn't have an "option" the first time and now I have time to panic.

Glad to hear the scar won't get just terrible. I didn't know if it would with them cutting the same spot multiple times!
Old 11-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I totally understand. I worried so much with my 3rd child since his was a planned C-section. The other 2 were emergencies with no real time to think about things. With my first my only thought was they get her out before she died. I wasn't even thinking about any of the negatives of a C-section. Didn't care because not getting one was going to result in a much bigger negative anyway.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
jaxoncasemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's how I was! I didn't care if they cut me from chin to pubic area... I just knew he needed out. (With that said, I have a very nice cut from hip bone to hip lol not dramatic at all)

My next question: How long till you could change out of the hospital gown? Did you bring your own gown/clothes? I hated wearing the gown for the days after the CSection...but since I was in pain I hadn't expected once again, I didn't really care...
Old 11-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #7
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Number 1 was horrible for me. I mean absolutely traumatic and horrible. I wanted nothing more than a vbac for number 2 and my DR was supportive but I am high risk and the complications weren't worth the risk for me so I went in for a scheduled #2. AMAZING!!! I can honestly say I enjoyed my birth with number 2. It was easy. Went in chatted and joked with my Dr while they got baby out, and got to meet and hold my son right away. Went to recovery about a half hour later and got to nurse him right away. Just really an enjoyable experience. If number 3 ever happens for us, I won't hesitate to do a repeat. It wasn't worth all the anxiety I had leading up to number 2 at all!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I stayed in the hospital gown my entire 4 day stay(I requested that length of time). I didn't want more laundry when I got home and figured this way they could take care of the laundry. I didn't dress until the day I left. Maybe if we were to have another, highly unlikely, but if we did I might think to bring something with me but I doubt it.

Although even with my youngest and planned C-section, I was not expecting him when he came. I went for my last prenatal and he repeatedly failed his non-stress test. I was then sent across the street to the hospital for further checking. A few hours later, after failing his non-stress test yet again and heart rate dropping into the 90's, he was delivered by unplanned C-section, despite being a planned C-section. Anyway, I was completely unprepared. I had nothing with me since I had not expected to be going home with a baby just yet.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 11-04-2014 at 04:03 PM.