Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ds was scheduled for a Monday and i started having contractions on friday night. Thought they were fake and waited all night. First thing in the morn i called my OB and was told to go to the hospital. I dilated like one cm only but the contrax sucked! They asked if i wanted to try a vbac but since i didn't dilate all the way the first time, i opted to continue with the csection. Went into surgery and everything went well. Since my first was an emergency csection after 18 hrs of labor, the second was a much better recovery.
The only thing that sucked? Thinking my whole pregnancy that i was scheduled and was going to skip the contractions this time. Yeah, that didn't happen and they hurt!

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Labor before a planned csection

I'm scheduled for c/s @ 38 wks, but if I go into labor before that, I call my practice & go to the hospital. Whoever's on call will do the surgery then.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
I'm scheduled for c/s @ 38 wks, but if I go into labor before that, I call my practice & go to the hospital. Whoever's on call will do the surgery then.
But do you get nervous about not making it?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by solobluedancer View Post

But do you get nervous about not making it?
Only in terms of arrangements for ODD...I don't really know the doctors well anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. Though I was briefly concerned about going into labor & having baby's foot come out, just b/c of the position A was in at the time.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #15
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

I guess I just get so nervous because I seriously can't have this baby vaginally. I mean I can, but the physical consequences would be overwhelming.
I just have a feeling that I'll be in l&d the entire month of December, paranoid and making them check me.
Some of my fears have been alieviated because I am switching from a hospital 45 minutes away to one 15 minutes away.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad View Post
I opted for a repeat csection and went into labor three days before I was scheduled. The LD nurse asked if I was sure I didn't want to try for a vbac and when I declined, they prepped me and rolled me into the or quickly. I was progressing quickly, so from the time I walked through the doors to the time I got in the OR was about 40 minutes.
This was me with ds2 but I went I to labor at 3am and had a cs schedule that morning at 8:45am.

I was 6cm but I still opted for the repeat cs.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My doctor has scheduled me for a repeat C/S at 39 weeks on the dot in order to avoid this, because I didn't go into labor with my son until 40 weeks on the dot. My son couldn't get through my pelvis and like PP had a nice indent and some bruising when he was pulled out finally at 40+1 because he was slamming against my pelvis for 30 hours.

When did you have your other children? At 40 weeks or more?
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #18
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by solobluedancer View Post
I guess I just get so nervous because I seriously can't have this baby vaginally. I mean I can, but the physical consequences would be overwhelming.
I just have a feeling that I'll be in l&d the entire month of December, paranoid and making them check me.
Some of my fears have been alieviated because I am switching from a hospital 45 minutes away to one 15 minutes away.
Ah, yes, I think that will help. I 'm looking @ c/s b/c both babies are & have been breech. My OB practice is connected w/ the local hospital, 5-10 min away. I was really nervous until I hit 35, when I could deliver there, rather than the big medical center w/ the regional perinatal center & level 3 NICU that's 45 min away & that I'm not familiar with. Not that it's a good thing, really, but everything I can find indicates that the practice I go to is heavily surgically-focused & they're pretty "cut happy"...that would make me nervous if I were planning a vaginal birth, but it actually makes me feel a little better when we're planning a c/s, KWIM?
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #19
beyoung
Registered Users
seller

This happened to my sister a few months ago. She went into labour 2 weeks before her scheduled C-section. She'd had a c-section with her 1st because baby was breech and she'd chosen to go with a c-section the 2nd time round because she was nervous about what would happen with the scar. There was no other medical reason she was planning the 2nd c-section - everything was fine with baby and mama. Anyway, she suddenly went into labour, realized baby was coming, called an ambulance and barely made it to the hospital before baby was born. It all happened too quickly to even think about a c-section. Everything went just fine for both mama and baby and my sister said she was actually glad it happened that way as her recovery was much quicker than when she'd had her c-section. I'm not saying this to make you more nervous, just letting you know that it can definitely happen but things could turn out just fine if it does.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyoung
This happened to my sister a few months ago. She went into labour 2 weeks before her scheduled C-section. She'd had a c-section with her 1st because baby was breech and she'd chosen to go with a c-section the 2nd time round because she was nervous about what would happen with the scar. There was no other medical reason she was planning the 2nd c-section - everything was fine with baby and mama. Anyway, she suddenly went into labour, realized baby was coming, called an ambulance and barely made it to the hospital before baby was born. It all happened too quickly to even think about a c-section. Everything went just fine for both mama and baby and my sister said she was actually glad it happened that way as her recovery was much quicker than when she'd had her c-section. I'm not saying this to make you more nervous, just letting you know that it can definitely happen but things could turn out just fine if it does.
This is my absolute most terrifying worst nightmare.

My first was induced at 38 because I had preeclampsia and my second came at 41 weeks. His labor was really fast, but I blame that on the fact I took black and blue cohosh and cottonwood something-or-other.

I guess I seriously just have to pray/hope nothing crazy happens.