Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #21
AQW
Registered Users
seller

I went into labor before my scheduled c-section with my second. It was really mild during the day so I wasn't sure (was induced with #1). When I went in, they told me I would have to wait 8 hours because I had eaten. They monitored me in triage and I never dilated more than 1 the whole time so I did wait the whole 8 hours. For me, I was very healthy so there was no reason to rush. I was annoyed that I had no real way to manage the pain because I was hooked up to the monitors the whole time with no slack. Looking back, I obviously should have been asking for slack or time off of them but I was in pain and unprepared.

I think if it is medically necessary, they will just do it. And maybe fudge the last time you ate if you think that will hold you up

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #22
chamise
Registered Users
seller

Is there a point where they cannot perform a csection because the baby has descended too far (but not out the door)?

I'm kind of nervous about it. I had a csection with baby #1 an planning on another with #2. But I hear the second alway comes faster than the first. Baby #1 came two weeks early.
chamise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #23
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Labor before a planned csection

If you go into labor, you go tstraight to triage and get admitted/checked in.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #24
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamise
Is there a point where they cannot perform a csection because the baby has descended too far (but not out the door)?

I'm kind of nervous about it. I had a csection with baby #1 an planning on another with #2. But I hear the second alway comes faster than the first. Baby #1 came two weeks early.
Second babies aren't always faster.. With my first she was born 4 hours after my first regular contractions. My second.. My water broke at 2pm, contractions got regular at about 6am the next day and she was born at 10am. First was at 39wks and second at 35wks.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #25
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

I don't mean to be nosy, but do you mind if I ask what your reason was for not trying for the VBAC, considering you were progressing in labor well and everything was going well? Jut curious.
jjoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #26
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

With baby #4 (and planned c-section #4), I went into hard labor and they did the surgery 4 hours before my planned time. All went well and according to plan, no complications. I just had another doctor in the practice do it since he was the one on call (but he was my preferred doctor so I was ecstatic). I felt like I had major constipation and a stomach ache around midnight so I took 2 fish oil tablets (which always got me going to the bathroom). Then one hour later the contractions hit really hard, harder than ever before. I went into labor for two of the previous births and these were very hard. By 3 am, I was screaming and my husband was on the phone to the hospital. They told him to get me there quickly. I thought I could wait until my scheduled time at 7 am but they did emergency c-section the second I got there at 3:30am. They said I was only 4 cm dilated but the contractions were so strong, they didn't want to wait. I had researched what a ruptured uterus felt like and I didn't have one but symptoms would have been possible bleeding and a knife like pain in the area of the surgery scar. Also, there could have been a possible lump in that area if the baby was coming out of the area, etc. It just felt like normal hard labor to me which is bad enough but no rupture. I was 38 and on my 4th c-section within 6 years and in hard labor and still did not rupture, so have peace that ruptures are rare but it is good to know the symptoms and play it safe like we did and get yourself to the hospital quickly. I didn't want to mess with it and wait any longer. My first baby was 32 hours of tough labor and very little progression. She was very far down my birth canal and they did the c-section anyway. I remember the doctor having a tough time getting her back 'up' since she was so far down. She had a nurse push from the vgnal area on the head upward and she got her out. My daughter and I healed very fast (my fastest healing yet) with no complications even though she had been so far down the birth canal. So I don't think there is a time when the birth has progressed too far for a c-section.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #27
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamise View Post

With my first, we tried vaginal birth and the most that came out was his hair (he had lots!). Turns out that my pelvis is tilted, and the baby would have to do some Cirque du Soleil type acrobatics to get out. The doctor just pushed him right back up there and wheeled me in for a c section. It was pretty horrifying to watch, but everything turned out fine. He was 3 days before his due date. My second was scheduled 4 days before my due date and I didn't go into labor. My mom went into labor with all three that were scheduled. She said it was annoying since she didn't have to, but it didn't cause any problems.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #28
chamise
Registered Users
seller

So apparently I labored for 20 hrs before I had my c-section. Went to the hospital at 4am after feeling regular contractions for an hour. 1cm dilated so they discharged me. Went back at 10pm for more intense and more frequent contractions despite being given procardia (baby was only 35 weeks). 3cm dilated then they prepped me for a c- section.

Just sucks because my contractions were so painful, and I couldn't get an epidural (since I was getting a spinal for the surgery).
chamise is offline   Reply With Quote