Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #81
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse
I need some motivation to dust off my vitamix, it hasn't been used in over a week! Quick someone give me their favorite, kid-friendly, green smoothie recipe (must not be green or able to taste the spinach)
Two bananas, 1 cup plain yogurt, handful almonds, handful spinach. Add 4 frozen strawberries if you don't want it to be green. Or add blue food coloring and tell them it's blue milk.

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #82
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

Re: Anyone have a Vitamix?

OK, already love this thing as I assumed I would, and I anticipated the added benefit of getting my kids to consume more healthy things, which it does!! But I have found a new level of respect/love for it today!! I let DS make his own smoothie today (he's 3) he poured in the (~12oz box of) coconut water, I helped him add some coconut milk (~2 cups), he put in 1.5 bananas (he dropped one piece, lucky dog got that piece), then I let him choose what frozen fruits he wanted to add, he added a cup of strawberries, 3/4 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup of raspberries, and a cup of pineapple, then I had him top it off with 2 BIG handfuls of mixed kales... I even let him turn it on, dial it up, flip it on high and everything, and then stop it when it was ready... he LOVED it and it's really good!!

We're all REALLY sick right now (sinus colds/infections), so it's super important to eat right and drink our fluids right now, but the kids aren't really interested in food or water, just milk (which I sneak water into just to get them to drink some! LOL) so this is HUGE for them right now!!

Can't wait to let him help me make some soups and see if he will try them!! (he's never even been open to trying soups before, so it would be a miracle! LOL)
MamaCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #83
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrunch View Post
OK, already love this thing as I assumed I would, and I anticipated the added benefit of getting my kids to consume more healthy things, which it does!! But I have found a new level of respect/love for it today!! I let DS make his own smoothie today (he's 3) he poured in the (~12oz box of) coconut water, I helped him add some coconut milk (~2 cups), he put in 1.5 bananas (he dropped one piece, lucky dog got that piece), then I let him choose what frozen fruits he wanted to add, he added a cup of strawberries, 3/4 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup of raspberries, and a cup of pineapple, then I had him top it off with 2 BIG handfuls of mixed kales... I even let him turn it on, dial it up, flip it on high and everything, and then stop it when it was ready... he LOVED it and it's really good!!

We're all REALLY sick right now (sinus colds/infections), so it's super important to eat right and drink our fluids right now, but the kids aren't really interested in food or water, just milk (which I sneak water into just to get them to drink some! LOL) so this is HUGE for them right now!!

Can't wait to let him help me make some soups and see if he will try them!! (he's never even been open to trying soups before, so it would be a miracle! LOL)
This is awesome!!!

I bet if he makes it he will eat it. I did that to my ds once and he ate everything on his plate--the same meal he cried about before and wouldn't eat.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #84
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

Lol thanks! He drank half of it he usually drinks smoothies better and he was so excited the he made it, guess he is just feeling too crummy.

He's a SUPER picky eater though, I've tried to let him help with meals, but it doesn't seem to affect his picky eating habits unfortunately... He can make Mac-n-cheese with almost no help (just supervision and direction) and he enjoys it, but he won't touch it on his plate! Lol
MamaCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #85
blastomom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchatziB View Post
That's too funny! Every time I go out of town I loan mine out to someone who has been dreaming of getting one. They all have gotten one within 6 months of "babysitting"!
I do the same thing! Actually I loaned it out this week to a friend who needed help convincing her husband that they NEED one. And i miss it :-(
blastomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #86
mamamisa
Registered Users

I want one so badly!
mamamisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #87
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just got a Blendtec today!!! We checked out the Vitamix to but actually liked the Blendtec better. But both function in basically the same way.
Anyway I LOVE it!! Id been coveting one for while. I made soup in it for lunch, juice for a snack, guacamole and salsa for our dinner and am gonna do strawberry ice cream for desert! This thing is gonna be well loved! Worth every penny!

Sent from my C771 using DS Forum excuse any typos. My phone isnt as smart as it thinks it is.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote