Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
momof2jmwjaw
Registered Users
seller

Re: How much are you spending on you kids christmas presents?

We do about $400 per child.

They always get socks, underwear, outfit, pajamas, and a book.

This year they are also getting legos, kre-o, nerf guns, ds and xbox games, an air hogs toy, and a kindle fire. There is more on my list but can't remember it.

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not sure. Probably 50, 100 total for Christmas and birthday. I might spring for a Ds then will be about 150 total with couple games

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
momtoGcubed
Registered Users
Formerly: momtoGsquared
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't really plan an amount. I just have to make sure they all have the same amount of presents.

DD1 wants and American Girl doll, so I foresee a more expensive year than I had planned.
momtoGcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2jmwjaw
We do about $400 per child.

They always get socks, underwear, outfit, pajamas, and a book.

This year they are also getting legos, kre-o, nerf guns, ds and xbox games, an air hogs toy, and a kindle fire. There is more on my list but can't remember it.
Wow, lucky kiddos! That's my entire Christmas budget, which includes DH, both girls, both sets of parents and 4 nieces and nephews.

I have no idea what anyone is getting. Each girl will likely get some stuffed animals, books, puzzles. DD1 wants dangly sparkly earrings and DD2 loves sparkly beaded necklaces. Other than that I have no idea. We are minimalists and in all honesty Christmas makes me hyperventilate. All that stuff coming into my house....AACKkkk!!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
azsuma1
Registered Users

My Mood:

We don't have a strict budget for presents yet, but since we only have one child to buy for we will probably end up spending around 500-600.

we are getting him a wooden train set and table and a balance bike. plus, i dont know what
Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #16
Angel89411
Banned

$150 per child and $100 for the family (ie something mommy and daddy wants that is pricey and not a necessity) present. Plus $100 for decorations and stocking stuffers.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

I love seeing what everyone is getting. It gives me ideas

I'm not sure on the price. As they are getting older, I notice I spend a little more. Currently I am thinking about $125 p/kiddo. [2 kiddos]. We also only buy for the our kiddos.

So far this is what I'm thinking to get:

David:

Human body model
Legos

Aaron:

The Avengers dress up stuff
Playdough set

Combined gifts from Santa:
Operation
Disney's Cinderella play castle or Spaceship Earth

Individual Santa:

Leapsters [$40 ones]

Stockings will be:
The $1 art stuff from Walmart
Pez dispenser
http://thebewitchinglyordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Terra; 10-22-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Unless a miracle happens, no more than $20 per child (probably 1 small gift plus stockings), and that will only be possible if a refund comes in from our local phone company that was promised. If it doesn't show up, not sure what we'll do. I'm going this week to take most of the items back off our layaway at Walmart since we can't find any way to pay it off in the next month and a half.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hac1224 View Post
Unless a miracle happens, no more than $20 per child (probably 1 small gift plus stockings), and that will only be possible if a refund comes in from our local phone company that was promised. If it doesn't show up, not sure what we'll do. I'm going this week to take most of the items back off our layaway at Walmart since we can't find any way to pay it off in the next month and a half.
Saying a prayer for you. We've been there done that! And I know the hurt of thinking about not giving to our kiddos. It may be a year to make some new traditions, maybe make some homemade things like sock stuffed animals and such. And $20 can get some fun stuff at the Dollar Tree! And Walmart does have that great little section in crafts with $1 art stuff, from small canvases with pictures, and paints and such!
http://thebewitchinglyordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com/
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

$100 per kid, including stockings. It's all coming from Amazon with earned gift cards!