Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hac1224
Unless a miracle happens, no more than $20 per child (probably 1 small gift plus stockings), and that will only be possible if a refund comes in from our local phone company that was promised. If it doesn't show up, not sure what we'll do. I'm going this week to take most of the items back off our layaway at Walmart since we can't find any way to pay it off in the next month and a half.
been there too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much are you spending on you kids christmas presents?

I am spending fifty tops per child. Oldest is getting shirley temple dvd, book about fairies and bookmark, shirt that says "I'm God's princess", and Model Magic Dream bakery. Middle is getting three webkin puppies, a blue plush rug for her side of the room, a wooden puzzle, Holly Webb books and bookmark. Youngest is getting a play makeup set, zooble playset, books, and one more gift, not sure what. All three are getting chapstick, playdoh, socks, etc in their stockings and all three get pjs for Christmas eve. I made Alannah's already out of a huge remnant of flannel I got for $3 at a thrift shop.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hate admitting this..but its going to be about 400..doesnt include stocking stuffers

shes my only kiddo and probably will be my only kiddo. I had planned to only spend like 100 BUUTT (i will add I have been saving up on this all year)

NIght Owl Quilts is having a sale so I am going to hopefully have her make a Tangled//princesss enspired custom quilt for my DD.

i am also ordering the Little People disney princess Castle, and the Ariel Carriage, and the Cinderelle Carriage, I am THINKING about getting her a furbey. I am going to get her some coloring books, some crayon rocks, a new pair of PJ's, big girl undies, some traning pants, I want to get her a kids camera, some new shoes and im sure theres more.

I think I might just scale it back to the cinerelle little people carriage and the quilt..my mom and her grand mother and great grand mother also buy for her and spoil her as well..shes the youngest grand daughter and the ONLY great grand daughter soooo.....yeah
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING

Last edited by igotmywings; 10-22-2012 at 04:36 PM.
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #24
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
About $100 for my 4yo daughter:
Loge seat for The Nutcracker
A slinky
Canvas ballet slippers
A glass straw

Looks like $60 for my 15mo son:
Plan Toys Nuts and Bolts toy
Nilo hammer and pegs
A glass straw
Maybe a little Magna Doodle
Old 10-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #25
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Saying a prayer for you. We've been there done that! And I know the hurt of thinking about not giving to our kiddos. It may be a year to make some new traditions, maybe make some homemade things like sock stuffed animals and such. And $20 can get some fun stuff at the Dollar Tree! And Walmart does have that great little section in crafts with $1 art stuff, from small canvases with pictures, and paints and such!
Thanks for the prayers and ideas! In the past we've always managed to get quite a few small things for them for good deals, but things have been tighter this year. In the past, also, our kids have gotten a lot from family, but this year my dad is coming off over a year of unemployment, mom is just starting a part time job, and my grandma (who always did lots of gifts) passed away. It's been a rough year for all of my side of the family.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #26
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have one child and she'll only be nine months old. I'm getting her a doll. I'm leaning towards a Baby Stella doll so $35.00 plus a stocking. Her stocking will probably be bath toys and socks. I'm budgetting $100.00 just in case I want to go overboard. She has lots of family buying her gifts too though.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #27
joshuas_mum
Registered Users

i've been buying little bits all year so i dont have a huge cost all in 1 go. i still have to buy the 3ds xl and go pick up his ipad thats being funded by a charity that helps autistic kids.

joshuas_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I say $300 per kid but it ends up around $5-600 if not a bit more. I'd like to say that they only get on Christmas & birthdays but it wouldn't be true. They only get presents from my mom, aunt, & us so we go big.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #29
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

This year the main gift is a new TV if I can find a really good deal on one
Ours is about 18 years old and each time the kids pass the new TV's playing in a store they start making jokes about how bad ours is

That is the big gift.

Each child will then get random things I find good deals on. For example one DD really LOVES the ocean. I found her a pro scuba set for $2 at goodwill. She is going to be incredibly happy and she will NEVER know i only paid $2

We aren't touching savings and spending money is really tight so we are focusing mainly on just having a nice homemade dinner with a day of family fun and games. I think we might all make punched tin and cinnamon ornaments as well.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #30
Wendylady
Registered Users

I'll be spending around $150 each on the older two, the baby is getting the short end of the stick. He's just so little so it won't be as big of a deal for him and he already has so many toys. I bought him a big ball tent thing already, he'll also get some clothes and some small toys for his stocking.