Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
HeatherDanae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Suggestions for 2nd grade curriculum???

I highly recommend Heart of Dakota (HOD)!! It's a boxed curriculum so everything is laid out for you, and it's divided up into 9-10 "boxes." You can break them up throughout the day or do multiple in one sitting. But that way you don't feel the need to do school all at one time. Also I'm using Christian light publications (for LA and Math) with HOD. The workbooks are fantastic! They have about 10 workbooks for the student per year in each subject and they are really easy to use. It gives your child a sense of accomplishment to finish each workbook. Everything is laid out there as well and eventually encourages independence so that the child can begin to start doing the workbooks on his own. It's also very inexpensive. Both of these curriculums have character building and biblical principles. I hope that helps some!

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
quinnfamily5
Registered Users
seller

Re: Suggestions for 2nd grade curriculum???

Thanks so much everyone--this gives me a great place to start and lots of discovering to do!
quinnfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote