Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face Update on the Outcome -Paci at 4 yrs...help please

Okay, my son turns 4 at the end of the month...september. We are wanting to get rid of the pacies. Can you mamas out there please give ways that worked for you in getting rid of the pacies. Please be honest and give me the low down on what to expect. He pretty much has one in his mouth 24/7 right now. One approach we will not use is the paci fairy. My dh does not like fairies and does not want to take that approach. that is fine with me, but need other ideas.

Any help would be great! Thanks mamas!!!!!!

So, a week before his birthday we kept telling him that when he turns 4 he will be a big boy and won't need his paci anymore. He wasn't so sure of that. 2 days before his birthday we went to the mall to build a bear (with Ya-Ya and Pop Pop in tow) and picked out a bear and stuffed it...we had him snip off the tips of his paci first before putting it in the bear...then we went to lunch and had a good time. The first 4 nights was a little rough, but no screaming or crying, just he got up 3 or 4 times during the night. He had to learn a new self soothing trick. Now we have been paci free for 2 months without a problem. He mentions it every now and then but we just remind him that he is a big boy and doesn't need it.

Last edited by rdossmann; 10-31-2010 at 02:26 PM.
rdossmann is offline   Reply With Quote