Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
amanda_rocks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OMGosh! I love my kids...

I am so tired today so I took a nap on the couch while my littlest one napped.. my 12 year old went in to do her laundry and saw the bucket of dipes waiting for me to wash and went ahead and washed them and dried them before doing her own stuff she amazes me sometimes.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
twirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OMGosh! I love my kids...

how sweet!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow! I doubt I even knew how to do laundry at that age. WTG!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
amanda_rocks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Wow! I doubt I even knew how to do laundry at that age. WTG!
my almost 9 year old and the 12 year old both do their own laundry- if they want clean clothes they need to do it- so Sat. is 12 year old day and Sunday the other ones (this didn't start until they started either hiding dirty clothes until they had me washing 5-6 loads per kid- or when I would request them to clean bedrooms up and they would bring me tons of clean clothes they didn't feel like putting away)

Last edited by amanda_rocks; 09-18-2010 at 02:47 PM.
amanda_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:

Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love when children go out of there way to help out. Great girl you have there!

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
elemonj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Impressive!! I hope my DD grows up to be like that. WTG!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

wow, that's really great! My oldest daughter just did something similar the other day. I had asked her to put away the dishes(i wash, my bigger two put them away) and she was in there for a long time so I went downstairs to check on her. She was just finishing up washing the 5 other dishes that had accumulated in the sink since I washed earlier that day. Unprompted. It was really sweet, I really appreciated it, and I complimented her multiple times. Just a really awesome out of the blue thing. I've been sick with the flu and she wanted to help.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
amanda_rocks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGnomeHome View Post
wow, that's really great! My oldest daughter just did something similar the other day. I had asked her to put away the dishes(i wash, my bigger two put them away) and she was in there for a long time so I went downstairs to check on her. She was just finishing up washing the 5 other dishes that had accumulated in the sink since I washed earlier that day. Unprompted. It was really sweet, I really appreciated it, and I complimented her multiple times. Just a really awesome out of the blue thing. I've been sick with the flu and she wanted to help.
that is awesome.. we must be doing something right my girls take turns weekly one gets to do dishes and one gets to do floors in the kitchen and livingroom (they earn their extras that way- my oldest needs to earn all she can to feed her horse)
Old 09-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_rocks View Post
my almost 9 year old and the 12 year old both do their own laundry- if they want clean clothes they need to do it- so Sat. is 12 year old day and Sunday the other ones (this didn't start until they started either hiding dirty clothes until they had me washing 5-6 loads per kid- or when I would request them to clean bedrooms up and they would bring me tons of clean clothes they didn't feel like putting away)
my girls do this! I go to do laundry and see a shirt that I KNOW they haven't worn and I know it got put there because they didn't feel like putting it away! Bugs the heck out of me. I'm thinking it'll be a good time to make them wash their own closed. They're 11 (on the 24th) and 9.