Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Alidi's Stopped Carrying...

Red quinoa
Oyster crackers

I'm bummed. Have they stopped carrying any of your favorites?

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Alidi's Stopped Carrying...

I find that there stuff varies from store to store and time of year. Stuff I thought they had stopped carrying comes back later. So far my usual stuff is there.

On a side note, I tried the Walmart online grocery shopping since everyone is raving about it and found it to be more expensive than me going to aldi and then to walmart for the extra items I can't get a aldi. I will probably be an aldi shopper for life.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 Aldi within less than 20 minutes of me and all 3 always have something the other doesnt. It varies so much. I have a love/hate relationship with Aldi for that reason lol.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I find that there stuff varies from store to store and time of year. Stuff I thought they had stopped carrying comes back later. So far my usual stuff is there.

On a side note, I tried the Walmart online grocery shopping since everyone is raving about it and found it to be more expensive than me going to aldi and then to walmart for the extra items I can't get a aldi. I will probably be an aldi shopper for life.
I keep meaning to look into that. There are only a few Wal-Mart items we pick up, we get most things at Aldi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I have 3 Aldi within less than 20 minutes of me and all 3 always have something the other doesnt. It varies so much. I have a love/hate relationship with Aldi for that reason lol.
I'm wondering if the one in the city still carries red quinoa. I can ask my friend to pick some up if he sees any at the one by his work.

We hate when we really like something then they completely stop carrying it and other yucky stuff stays stocked. I made my dh buy way too much hot sauce because I found one I liked there.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
SharedTheJourney
Registered Users

My Mood:

Some items are Aldi "staples" and do well for them. Yet, I find that sometimes they change the recipe or the amount to "improve". But, sometimes it is not an improvement.
They did this with the strawberry jam recently (Think it was Berry Hill or similar). It was thick like a combination between preserves with small chunks of strawberries and jam preserves. Nice product. Then, they put in a different recipe and went down to a smaller jar size. Sometimes they do this to cut production costs. I liked the original recipe and would have been ok with a smaller jar. They do market test some products though and many do become regular Aldi staples. Can't beat the savings of many of their products!
SharedTheJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #6
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedTheJourney View Post
Some items are Aldi "staples" and do well for them. Yet, I find that sometimes they change the recipe or the amount to "improve". But, sometimes it is not an improvement.
They did this with the strawberry jam recently (Think it was Berry Hill or similar). It was thick like a combination between preserves with small chunks of strawberries and jam preserves. Nice product. Then, they put in a different recipe and went down to a smaller jar size. Sometimes they do this to cut production costs. I liked the original recipe and would have been ok with a smaller jar. They do market test some products though and many do become regular Aldi staples. Can't beat the savings of many of their products!
I think I noticed that too. It seemed more jelly like rather than preserves. I wish we had one closer. My dh stops on his way home from work.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
Sylph6030
Registered Users

Sylph6030 is offline   Reply With Quote