Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #151
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: February/March Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
also in my experience with J and the barfing, taking away the milk made things much better from a barfing/reflux perspective. he has only had 12-16oz of milk a day since he was 12 months and has been on solid food no purees since about 9 months.also no juice, citrus, tomato sauce, ketchup, etc anything acidic.

eta while this has helped tremendously in addition to the meds he is on, J still randomly vomits. and doesn't even stop what he's doing or notify me in any way. i found a pile of milk vomit in the corner of the bedroom yesterday.
GROSS!!! yuck!

I have never taken older than 3 months before! This kid is soooo out of my league! LOL! The bottle thing; he is huge, so my back is a wreck; generally naughtiness - and he is SO MESSY! LOL! Earlier he tried to jump my 3 yr old! He is bigger than her by a LOT, so its been *fun*!

Advertisement

~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #152
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
So, our new placement is 22 months. For some reason he refuses to hold his bottle up. always wants it, wont lift it. He is a HUGE kid, I only let him have it 3x day. Not only does the sound drive me up a wall, but he gets a ton of air and vomits. profusely.and, repeatedly. My house (and he) smells like putrid milk.

Has anyone else dealt with a kid who for some reason wont lift the darn bottle?

(edited to add - I take it away when he starts sucking air, but then he goes nuts. I show him how to hold it & he acts like I am crazy)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
GROSS!!! yuck!

I have never taken older than 3 months before! This kid is soooo out of my league! LOL! The bottle thing; he is huge, so my back is a wreck; generally naughtiness - and he is SO MESSY! LOL! Earlier he tried to jump my 3 yr old! He is bigger than her by a LOT, so its been *fun*!
So sorry this is so hard mama! Little-Man was vomiting sick last week. I thought he was done and I was rocking him in the chair. He vomited all over me. I yelled at DH to bring me scissors. He couldn't figure out why.... I was so not going to put that over my head. I almost couldn't hold it together anyways!! I know how bad the NO thing and screaming can be. Little-Man is HORRIBLE for this. It is infuriating at times but thats when Mommy gets a time out. Its hard though to listen to someone scream angrily at you all the time. Even if he is a sweet baby the rest of the time! My DS even says "Little-Man thats enough SHHHHHHH"

AFM:Social worker emailed. The newborn girl is being moved to our local hospital! We MIGHT be able to go see her Monday. Excited and terrified!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #153
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

A little update from over here... Our 3.5 and 4.5 year old respite girls went back to foster mom and dad last week,. I can't say that I was sad to see them go. We got through the time but boy was it TOUGH. I had been told that they were "wonderful, sweet, easy girls" HAH! They had their sweet moments but there is obviously veryyyy little consistency or disincline at their current foster home. The current FPs are sweet but I think they may be in a bit over their head.

Still hoping and praying for a teeny tiny babe like I'm actually licensed for!!
So jealous of all of you mamas with sweet little squishies!!! I'm really thrilled for you all though. It's awesome to hear about cases going well.

We almost got placed with a 1yr old but she ended up going to another office... We'll see!

Last edited by looking8186; 03-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #154
sup3rmom2logan
Registered Users
seller

Wow- I love following all your stories and can't wait to get licensed!

Sunflower- That funny that they thought you had no kids since you have 6 HA!! It's good for the baby(linebacker) that you were open to his age but he sounds like some work! Bottle at almost 2? Good for you for helping him wean off!

Looking8186- I hope you get a squishy little babe soon! You have put in a lot of hard work and deserve the pay off

JenFostermom- Your post brought me such a big smile!! 8 babes- wow you will be quite the blessed woman!!

mmbreb- OHHHH Keep us updated!!

Question- When you guys list what ages/sex babies you want do they ask you about medical needs? Are any of you licensed for medical care? I really want to do medical care but also want little newborns. Will one request cancel out the other?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #155
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rmom2logan View Post
Wow- I love following all your stories and can't wait to get licensed!

Sunflower- That funny that they thought you had no kids since you have 6 HA!! It's good for the baby(linebacker) that you were open to his age but he sounds like some work! Bottle at almost 2? Good for you for helping him wean off!

Looking8186- I hope you get a squishy little babe soon! You have put in a lot of hard work and deserve the pay off

JenFostermom- Your post brought me such a big smile!! 8 babes- wow you will be quite the blessed woman!!

mmbreb- OHHHH Keep us updated!!

Question- When you guys list what ages/sex babies you want do they ask you about medical needs? Are any of you licensed for medical care? I really want to do medical care but also want little newborns. Will one request cancel out the other?
Our agency doesn't have any "medical foster homes" or seem to know anything about that. I just let EVERYONE know I was open to medical needs. This included the manager of our agency. As soon as they got a call that baby girl might be coming into care she let me know that she would be calling me. I love our agency which is funny because during licensing I almost left for another agency.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #156
sup3rmom2logan
Registered Users
seller

mmbreb- Oh okay. The county I am in has only 1 agency through the county. They only have 2 medical foster homes in the county, and only 2 homes willing to take newborns so I am thinking there will be a high need for both. They have a special "home" which really is a like a hospital and not familyish for sick babies. It is very sad. I want them all. They are housing over 30 babies now.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #157
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
mmbreb- Oh okay. The county I am in has only 1 agency through the county. They only have 2 medical foster homes in the county, and only 2 homes willing to take newborns so I am thinking there will be a high need for both. They have a special "home" which really is a like a hospital and not familyish for sick babies. It is very sad. I want them all. They are housing over 30 babies now.
OMG 30 babies.

we told the agency we wanted ONE girl under a year. now we have a 16 month old boy with newborn twin boys on the way (mom is being induced monday!)...i don't really think they take into consideration what you are looking for when they call for a placement. they will find out when you say yes or no. lol
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #158
sup3rmom2logan
Registered Users
seller

Yes 30. I *think* it is 3 and under. They are mainly HIV and HIGH medical needs babies and if I recall it is the only house of the kind in the state.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #159
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
WOW I had no idea such places even existed anymore! That is super sad. I would think if you just keep talking to the SW's and everyone you can at your agency in a friendly manner about your willingness to take special needs you will get a call.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #160
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

i'm thinking they would be VERY interested in having a medical needs home.