Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2015, 09:06 PM   #11
heatherof3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rec's needed: Carseat for very tall 5yo

We have Graco Nautilus's for my 4 and 6 yr olds, both in the 5pt harness. We LOVE them! It can do 5-pt up to 49" and 65lbs. Now my 6 yr old is very tall and thin. She is 48 1/4" tall, but only 49 lbs. For her most of her height is in her legs and she still has a lot of room to grow with the harness. I believe we will keep her in it past 49" just because she still has multiple positions left over her shoulders for the straps and she still weighs a good bit under the weight limit for them. We love that it has snack holders and a cup holder as well, very convenient for older kids!

Advertisement

heatherof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #12
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you want the tallest FFing harnessed seat, you want a Britax Frontier or Britax Pinnacle.
They have a 20.5" seated shoulder height. They will last the LONGEST as a FFing harnessed seat. (They are also the tallest high-back booster.)

The second tallest FFing harnessed seat is the Evenflo Sureride. It has a 19" seated shoulder height.

All the other seats (Diono seats, Graco Nautilus, Harmony Defender, etc) ALL have 17.5-18" seated shoulder heights.

Kids grow on average 2-2.5" inches per year. Of that, about 1" is torso growth, so the difference between 18" (MOST seats FFing limit) and 20.5" (Britax Frontier/Pinnacle FFing limit) is about 2.5 years for the "average" child.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #13
ljjathome
Registered Users

My Mood:

we went with the Britax Pinnacle. Our DD is tall and this still fits her. Its a high backed booster that starts with a five point harness and then converts to your vehicles shoulder belt. Website says from 45-62 inches tall or 15-23 inches seated shoulder height.
ljjathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #14
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljjathome View Post
we went with the Britax Pinnacle. Our DD is tall and this still fits her. Its a high backed booster that starts with a five point harness and then converts to your vehicles shoulder belt. Website says from 45-62 inches tall or 15-23 inches seated shoulder height.
Very nice choice. What color did you get?

P.S. I think those limits you listed are the limits for booster mode. The top harness slot is 20.5" I believe. Plus 45" would be extremely high for a lower limit for a harnessed seat
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote