Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #21
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pantry Clear Out

Zeo is your pantry not connected to the house? I am picturing all types of neat possibilities!

Advertisement

Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #22
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Funny about caring about the microwave just because of the light. it was the clock/timer for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshebby View Post
Zeo is your pantry not connected to the house? I am picturing all types of neat possibilities!
That makes me think of how they used the sod house in the little house on the prairie shows!

No really it's just part of the kitchen now, but juts out and is under the wrap around porch's roof with a different floor and ceiling than the kitchen. When we bought the house, it was just dry-walled over when they redid the kitchen, completely closed in and we left it like that til we went to add a kitchen wood stove. DH did the exterior work first, put in a door leading to the porch, which you look straight at from the kitchen windows, but on the inside it was still walled off. DD2 was 3yo and kept watching DH go in that door and stay there (doing the interior work) and one day she said something about "we have our big house and daddy has his little house." So it became "the little house".
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #23
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use our microwave a lot for leftovers. I know people frown on them, but whatever.

My kids can completely wipe out a fridge (2 actually) disturbingly fast. We did a run to the discount store this morning ($97, but a whole cart full) and will still need to fill in some fruit and veggie gaps very soon.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #24
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

I still havent gone shopping again. I guess influenza will cut your grocery bill pretty good!
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 AM   #25
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have and I'm not too encouraged about how I'm doing! I had forgotten about this week--the kids have play practice every day through supper time which will mean we need to pack a lot of meals. And it's at the theatre which has cloth seats so we can't really bring messy stuff. So I bought the fruits and veggies and some things for that...I think it was $87?

I did cook a turkey Saturday. I think we only have one left in the freezer now. Made broth from the bones and turkey enchiladas for dinner. We'll have the broth with turkey soup or homemade dumplings or noodles. And we'll use some of the turkey for wraps or quesadillas so that will help knock out another meal. I have not been that motivated to cook lately and I'm guessing it gets worse before it gets better.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #26
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I thought I was doing well but I tallied up what I spent and I am not happy with what I spent for the month so far.

I think Lent started and I have been supplementing with more veggies. I have kept using what was in the freezer and that seems to be getting used up but this hasn't saved me much $

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk