Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
MissBrenna
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you think of these?

Bottombumpers are awesome IMO. They actually clean up really nicely, as nice or nicer than any other AIO I have tried, and dry really quickly because they are just sewn in at one end flap-style. I really prefer this style to an AIO with a soaker that is just sewn in, that's when you tend to get stink issues or it takes three cycles in the dryer. They are absorbent and the PUL is soft, the tabs are stretchy, the elastic is soft... I just really love them.

I also love the Swaddlebees Simplex, they are really cool. The birdseye cotton is really nice and soft, and they dry quickly too. They are pretty absorbent on their own, but they have a nice open pocket for easy stuffing too though I usually don't need to use it during the day. They do have a much lower rise and run a bit small so I would size up. They are really simple to use, if other people try to change your LO that aren't too cloth-savvy they may have a little trouble with the soaker of the bottombumpers because it's a little bit longer than the diaper and takes a little practicing with maneuvering to get used to it, and you also have to tuck in the cotton around the legs to prevent wicking... despite the tiny tiny learning curve it takes me a matter of maybe three seconds to do all the maneuvering/tucking, etc., and really is not a big deal AT ALL, but I think the Simplex is probably a better bet if others might be doing the changing and you don't necessarily trust them to get all the details figured out lol.

I haven't tried the grovia AIO but it's next on my list.

Hope that helps mama.

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #12
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A Swadlebees hemp insert is very absorbent, but you have to wash it 8 or so times to get the full absorbancy from them. I like them and esp for a night time insert they work great.

Last edited by AFWIFE87; 07-20-2011 at 11:06 AM.
AFWIFE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebutter View Post
Have you considered flats or prefolds? They fit great into Grovia shells. They wash up easily and be soaked/bleached/etc, so no issues with stink. A padfolded flat is insanely trim.
Yes I have prefolds that I fold which makes them a little bulky because of the length- I am currently practicing using the snappi (I am terrified of trying to pin). i have never tried a flat. I think I am going to order some- they would be trimmer then a prefold right? I have $70 in credit and really don't want to spend more then my credit. So inserts and flats are probably the better option, but I really love the convince of AIOs.

Thanks everyone for replying- I really need the help. I have been getting a bit frustrated, but I am determined to keep using cloth.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #14
applebutter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Flats are much trimmer. Cheap, too! They are too pieces, vs an AIO, but it's still super duper easy.

ISO:
DD Granny Smith, Caramel Apple, MM Circe, SBish interlock longies w/11"+ inseam
applebutter is offline   Reply With Quote