Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
lonslee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you bring up cloth to other mamas?

Whoa, I'm the minority here- braggin' up cloth! I mean, I don't keep going on about it, but so many people have been happy to learn about it- no idea about new cloth options. Two mamas are considering switching and asking more questions right now over facebook. I don't know, there's a line that you kinda know everyone has. I hope I haven't crossed it :0

Advertisement

lonslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #12
JMo
Registered Users
seller

I don't bring it up. I think mentioning it out of the blue can come off as preachy, and I'm not into that. Now if a mama friend notices LO is wearing cloth and asks about our CD experiences I'll tell them how happy we are with them, however I would never suggest someone try them unless they expressed interest first.
JMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never brought it up to anyone I didn't know well..but I tell my close friends and family if they are expecting! I usually just approach it the way of "Hey, I have some of Lennon's old cloth diapers, if you want to try some I can lend them to you!"
Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
lagataverde
Registered Users

I get so excited about my cloth that I must come off like a televangelist to people. It just always comes up... usually they notice my son is wearing cloth, and that gets me going. Other times I think I just lead the conversation there. I'm not sure how, it just always happens.
lagataverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #15
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't bring it up at all. I don't make a secret of it, I mean we have shirts that advertise it so they know. If they bring it up I will talk about it and like PP said, try not to let the crazy seep out. My DH on the other hand is oblivious to the "mama wars" and the controversy over such things like CD and BF so he will just flat out say, "So do you use cloth?" Then when they say no he goes on about how great it is and they should switch and I try to be invisible LOL!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #16
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't..with it being summer and dd wearing dresses and t shirts and a diaper a lot her diaper booty kind of brings up cloth itself...lol a lot of my aunts have asked about it and are like cool those are nothing like we used..... One aunt was like oh gross poop...lol I was like you don't touch the poop silly.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #17
beesbaby2
Registered Users
seller

I don't usually bring it up unless they ask. If someone sees DD wearing one they will ask what it is and I will tell them, and they are usually pretty interested. I don't just ask or bring it up out of nowhere though.

DD1 10/06, DD2 3/09, and a BOY due 4/4/2012!
beesbaby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #18
mrsbernstein
Registered Users

My mom is our biggest cheerleader! Whether for our home-business, home-birth or cloth diapering!

Our 1st LO is due, well, he was due the 17th, and we have a TON of onesies for him. However, my mom went out and purchased several "t-shirts" for him INSTEAD of onesies.

When I asked her why, she said, "Y'all have purchased him SUCH FANCY PANTS, you're not going to want to cover them UP with onesies!" Go Mom!

Mr sB
mrsbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #19
ekeith28
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm silly....sometimes with diaper changes, I'll make comments about how cute the dipes are!
ekeith28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #20
lagataverde
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
I don't bring it up at all. I don't make a secret of it, I mean we have shirts that advertise it so they know. If they bring it up I will talk about it and like PP said, try not to let the crazy seep out. My DH on the other hand is oblivious to the "mama wars" and the controversy over such things like CD and BF so he will just flat out say, "So do you use cloth?" Then when they say no he goes on about how great it is and they should switch and I try to be invisible LOL!
You know... I think my husband is to blame for leading the conversation there a lot of the time, then handing it off to me.

He IS aware of the mompetitor thing though, and calls himself a dadpetitor. Sometimes I will tell him to back off of someone when I know they are not interested in our opinion, and he just says , "but our way IS better."

Whenever someone tells us they are going to have a baby, the first thing out of his mouth is always "you are going to breastfeed, right?" Then it's the cloth diapers, then it is the bidet for postpartum. It can be a bit much.
lagataverde is offline   Reply With Quote