Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #131
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (April)

what a cutie

Advertisement

BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #132
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Howdy all---

Finally posting an update:

34.5 weeks and holding strong. Contractions are sporadic and cervix is still in the normal range. Baby is low and engaged. Crazy low!

My stitch comes out April 30. I can't believe it's so close! I take my last progesterone injection in 4 days.

Ultrasound from Tuesday showed her weighing in at approximately 5lbs 4oz (DS was estimated 7lbs 13oz at the same point...9lbs13oz four weeks later). So, if its accurate this time I'm in for a much smaller baby. A lil petite girl to stand up next to her still-large big brother, haha. If she's anything like me, she'll be like C4---packs a large amount of boom into a small package!

Also--DS broke his thumb and got 7 stitches this week. We had family in visiting for 2 weeks straight. DH is trying to get reenlistment paperwork together. DH is applying to college and trying to go Officer. And I'm fighting to keep this place all cleaned up and organized because my nesting instincts are nuts!

And here's a few pics!
32w

34w

Broken bones don't slow him down:

After running a 1K---he wants to do the kids' mud run in June!

33w:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #133
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Trace - she's beautiful! I both can and cannot wait for those milestones - just soaking up every single moment with our last baby.

Marie - your update and pics! I'm so happy that things are going so well for you this time. What in the world did your DS do to his thumb?!? poor dude!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #134
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Marie - your update and pics! I'm so happy that things are going so well for you this time. What in the world did your DS do to his thumb?!? poor dude!
He was following a bigger kid through a doorway and used the jamb for balance to step up into the building and the big kid pulled the door (a HEAVY steel fire door) closed without waiting on him to get clear. Oh, and it was the door HINGE side, not the latch side. And the door latched completely. His thumb mist have been flat as a pancake for those few seconds

Severed the bone completely and took 7 stitches as it also severed the skin 3/4 of the way through. It was disgusting and so bloody and awful.

Here's the x-ray (stitches pic is pretty gory or I'd post it).

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #135
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

It's fun seeing mamas with little ones arriving it almost here. That feels like forever away for me right now. I've been doing good at staying calm and not getting too stressed but I just want to hear a heartbeat so badly and know he/she is going to be alright. Praying for a take home baby and continued peace.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #136
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Marie - OMGosh! Poor little dude!!! Holy goodness, wow. I can't imagine that pain By your pic of him, he seems to be taking it okay?

Shannon - I remember the "forever away" feeling, too. Honestly, even come the last few weeks it still seemed forever away for me - and then I still had worries of "this can't possibly be this easy, something is going to happen". This pregnancy after loss thing is not an easy road.
for your babe. And for you as well, for peace of mind and heart as you walk this road.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #137
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Marie - OMGosh! Poor little dude!!! Holy goodness, wow. I can't imagine that pain By your pic of him, he seems to be taking it okay?

Shannon - I remember the "forever away" feeling, too. Honestly, even come the last few weeks it still seemed forever away for me - and then I still had worries of "this can't possibly be this easy, something is going to happen". This pregnancy after loss thing is not an easy road.
for your babe. And for you as well, for peace of mind and heart as you walk this road.
He is a trooper. He refuses pain meds and is playing like normal after the first day. Yesterday was a neighbor girl's 9th birthday. After her party (girls only twilight party), she asked Ax to come over and play in the jumpy house/water slide. So, we bagged his hand, duct taped the bag on, made him cross his arms when going down to protect his thumb, and let him go, haha.

Climbing the ladder by himself with 1.5 hands:

With one of his lil BFFs getting creative with the water toys:

Him and the birthday girl:

The pics don't show, but he did well keeping his hand dry and protecting it.

Now that it doesn't really hurt him much, he has determined its cool and shows it off to all the big boys an dads in the neighborhood---I have pics of the stitches on my phone and he went around showing it to EVERYONE who didn't run away. Grossed out the girls and made them want to take care of him and earned respect and high fives from the guys as they sat around comparing stories of injuries!

Old 04-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #138
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Some friends threw me a rainbow themed baby shower. Wasn't expecting it. One of the ladies is a baker and she made this awesome cake. Never seen a rainbow cake with a heart in the middle, have no idea how she did it. Boy was it yummy!

Old 04-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #139
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kate, that cake is so cool!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #140
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here are a couple of (bad) pictures of Josiah. He's 15 weeks old now.

This first one is funny because from this angle, it almost looks like he's standing in a hole in the ottoman instead of laying on his tummy.

And this was what happened in the car when DD found a pen. She also wrote on herself as well.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote