Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
erinmcfall
Registered Users

Least bulky cloth diapers? (for 1 y.o.)

My 13 month old has been in cloth diapers since 6 weeks. She has significant gross motor delays and the physical therapist and I recently hypothesized that the bulkiness of her cloth diapers is an additional obstacle for her. We were using Angelicware cloth diapers and trying disposables has helped. We loved cloth diapering so much (and Angelicware) and hate the thought of switching to disposables. Does anyone have any recommendations for the least bulky cloth diapers out there? The only info on the subject that I found online was dated.
Thanks!!

Advertisement

erinmcfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Re: Least bulky cloth diapers? (for 1 y.o.)

Prefolds and flips, or maybe a bum genius all in one never tried them but they look pretty slim compared to some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Grovia AIO are really trim.

Also motherease Sandy's and either wool or pul pull on covers. They still have a little bulk, but I find this combo allows for more movement.

Basically anything side snapping I feel is easier for baby to move in. The most common design of snapping covers/pockets makes it so you have to have the diaper pretty tight across the hips to make the leg openings tight enough.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A attached flat or prefold is trim if you think your LO will allow it. You can try getting some and use the pocket covers of your Angelicware diapers over it (without insert) to start and see if it makes a difference.

If you don't discover another option (or in the meantime) you can get disposable inserts to use inside a cover or the Angelicware cover. Get a gDiaper/flip/grovia disposable insert and put in the cover (not the pocket) and see if that helps. We use gDiaper inserts in DD pullup PUL covers to keep as much as we can in cloth diapers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #5
zipher
Registered Users

Alva Baby are really slim.
zipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #6
Pkupstx
Registered Users
seller

I find flats to be the most trim with covers or even pockets. I like bamboo flats with covers or bamboo/hemp flats as inserts (cuts the bulk). My special needs son does PT and switching to flats (or even prefolds) made a huge difference-like disposables. I like that you can thicken the cloth as needed and also narrow the crotch. I am a padfolder or origami fold person. Love the sbish fitteds for overnight-also trim. I use covers: rumparooz-most trim but small fav NB and inbetween toddler, then toddler capris, flips, and coveralls in that order. Also, sometimes just using disposables during therapy sessions might help
Pkupstx is offline   Reply With Quote