Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2018, 04:09 PM   #11
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: OTB (on the bum) or OTW (on the way)

Just a word of encouragement, E, sometimes kids will do that right before they are totally, suddenly, completely finished training. Hopefully that is the case for you soon!

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #12
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Just a word of encouragement, E, sometimes kids will do that right before they are totally, suddenly, completely finished training. Hopefully that is the case for you soon!

True story^^^

A few of mine did that also.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #13
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
True story^^^

A few of mine did that also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
[Sigh] thanks Mama's. He is currently screaming "potty" from his bed. Yes, at 11:00. The little troll can pee whenever he wants, and this is how he keeps from going to sleep. Ever. If I take him, he'll take his sweet time and eventually potty, but if I don't, he's guaranteed to wet his diaper asap.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:04 PM   #14
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

So, OTB now is a flip flat, our 3rd since starting to go to bed, and an upcycled wool soaker. Pretty cute, actually, if I didn't want to wring his neck. Flip flats are _almost_ perfect. I mostly love them, but padfolding only works if he actually goes to sleep, which he hasn't been, and snapping is tough for me, although I'm really getting the practice tonight. I do love the wool situation though. I wish I would've had the guts to try it a year ago.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:56 AM   #15
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a 6 year old bedwetting and on the bum right now are two pad folded flats and a pair of wool shorts. They barely fit over his 6 year old bum as he has had them since he was 2. Keep thinking he will stop wetting the bed, so far it is a no go. I do have the aristocrats child size soakers. Would you believe it? They are actually TOO big on him even after a light felting.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #16
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I have a 6 year old bedwetting and on the bum right now are two pad folded flats and a pair of wool shorts. They barely fit over his 6 year old bum as he has had them since he was 2. Keep thinking he will stop wetting the bed, so far it is a no go. I do have the aristocrats child size soakers. Would you believe it? They are actually TOO big on him even after a light felting.
Wow! That's a big soaker.

DD is wearing a Grovia ONE overnight. They worked for DS from 18 months till potty training, but I don't think that's going to work for her. Both inserts are soaked by morning, and she's 4 months. We'll see.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #17
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

GMD red-edge prefold under a wool (Lamby Love?) soaker. I forgot how much I like prefolds! Loving them right now.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #18
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post

DD is wearing a Grovia ONE overnight. They worked for DS from 18 months till potty training, but I don't think that's going to work for her. Both inserts are soaked by morning, and she's 4 months. We'll see.
Sometimes older kids don't wet as much at night since they aren't getting all their calories from liquids. So it might work down the road.

We use disposables mostly at night. So Addilyn has a Luvs diaper, two little boys have easy ups and one big girl has under jams. I will be so glad when we get done with bed wetting.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:35 AM   #19
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OTB - both boys have a BG pocket stuffed with a Muslin flat and GMD half flat for night time.

OTW - I scooped up some seconds from Cotton Babies. Four 5.0s and 2 Flips which landed me a free Elemental. Which Ive never used before so thatll be fun.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #20
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post

For us, the nighttime pee volume definitely went way down as he got older. There were a few months in there (4-8 maybe) where he soaked through everything and I got frustrated and switched to sposies, but now he's 18 mos and a flip flat with a small doubler is plenty to hold for him.