Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Night diaper for 3 year old

My 3yo dd is mostly potty learned. In the last 2 weeks, Iíve only had to wash a couple of night diapers, and wasnít fully soaked like before. Her current night setup is flats and a pull up cover. Itís bulkier than underwear and she hates it.

Yet, since we co-sleep with my 6yo, I donít really want to have all 3 of us soaked in urine. What other options should I consider? And what point do you stop using a night diaper altogether?

Advertisement

bbammu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night diaper for 3 year old

Any cloth option for night will be bulkier than underwear. I would guess that that flats would actually we trimmer than other options I can suggest. Maybe snap ez pocket trainer with pad fold flats?

It sounds like she is about ready to stop night diapers if sleeping alone... But with Co sleeping it's a whole different thing. No experience.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-09-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Do you have any padded trainers like blueberry or something? Would she wear one of those with a pull-on cover? And would that maybe hold enough in case of accident? We're in the same boat kind of, except DS doesn't know enough to complain about the bulk. We're doing a flat and wool, and today he was dry but I'm not ready to go full undies yet. I was thinking of trying trainers with a wool soaker soon, but a pul cover would probably be just as good.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's true. If the pees are pretty small you could try something like best bottom trainers with just the feel wet pad, blueberry or other "one pee/ daytime" trainers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Old 02-10-2018, 05:46 AM   #5
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Do you have any padded trainers like blueberry or something? Would she wear one of those with a pull-on cover? And would that maybe hold enough in case of accident? We're in the same boat kind of, except DS doesn't know enough to complain about the bulk. We're doing a flat and wool, and today he was dry but I'm not ready to go full undies yet. I was thinking of trying trainers with a wool soaker soon, but a pul cover would probably be just as good.

She had outgrown padded trainers and I didnít get any more because she wears regular undies during the day. She also outgrow her wool cover (12-24T stretched to the max lol) and Iím not inclined to get another one....we have been using PUL instead.

Iíll look into padded trainers... if they are cute she might wear them.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:49 AM   #6
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Any cloth option for night will be bulkier than underwear. I would guess that that flats would actually we trimmer than other options I can suggest. Maybe snap ez pocket trainer with pad fold flats?

It sounds like she is about ready to stop night diapers if sleeping alone... But with Co sleeping it's a whole different thing. No experience.

I have always done 2 flatsó the kite fold with another flat pad folded in the middle, because itís what worked for a long time for her. Itís clear she doesnít need that absorbency now. Iíll look into pocket trainers. She has outgrown all her trainers.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't heard great reviews although not all bad but these are pretty inexpensivee (one-time pee / daytime trainer) if you think that is all she needs. Blueberry trainers are cute but expensive.

DD uses best bottom trainers at night and they look underwear ish but with the snap-in insert it takes away from that feel a little -- note that she uses a gdiaper sposie pad in them, not the cloth inserts -- she needs full absorbency still and she sensitivities with PUL.

Check out this review.

Oh and superundies just came out with a new AI2 trainer and has some cool prints but expensive as well.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-12-2018 at 10:45 AM.